ZBrushCentral

My First Work [Dragon's Head]

What a drama queen! Your really showing your age now mate!

You flatter yourself if you think anybody would give you enough thought to even hate you.

EDIT: Erklaerbar makes a good point. That really is probably the most polite way to let people know :wink:

We all have to start someplace and there isnā€™t really much point in telling a total beginner that their work isnā€™t any good as they donā€™t yet have the skil and proficiency to get the best out of the product. I think itā€™s up to the more skilled people in the community to encourage beginners by offering suggestions, not negative comments.

Where did I tell him that his work isnā€™t any good? I didnā€™t say that the Rating did. I said that he didnā€™t put any effort into it.

Everyone just started bashing me after that like my post said ā€œYOU SUCK YOUā€™LL NEVER BE GOOD AT ZBRUSH, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.ā€

I said that he didnā€™t put much work into his model.

They kept going on about it so I said that I would stop posting negative comments.

Then Angelstein made it personal by not bashing what I said, but insulting me directly.

I only have 73 posts on this forum and Angelstein insults me directly (like he knows me) so I posted this.

Oh and to top it off Angelstein insults me once again.

Angelstein since you want to make this personal I guess itā€™s my turn to bash you. First youā€™re a post whore, I looked through your posts maybe two of them are helpful, I may post a negative commet maybe 1 in ever 25 posts but I am trying to help people 4 out of 5 times. Also youā€™re a hypocrite you sit there and ask to see my work, what have you posted? NOTHING thatā€™s what. Then you lecture me about tactfulness and two posts down you post this

^^Isnā€™t that rude? Ironic isnā€™t it.^^

ā€“Your moveā€“

What about my thoughts? Are they not worth considering or something?

Do you feel left out?

Look mate, Iā€™m not going to get caught up in this childish tit-for-tat idiocy!

Iā€™ve reported this flaming to the moderators. Why youā€™re spouting all this childish nonsense is beyond me, you ā€˜seemā€™ to think we actually give a damn what you think! Just who are you addressing in this post? Nobody is even faintly interested.

99% of my posts offer encouragement, praise and point people in the right direction, that IS help in most peoples book. Although obviously not yours.
Ask anyone here if they have seen me praise others? Then ask the same of you!

Also, I have posted some WIP, if you canā€™t even navigate the site to find it thatā€™s your look out.

Before this post gets locked/edited/deleted or whatever, I just want to apologise to poor old Stefan! He posts his work in good faith and all this kicks off! This is not the norm for this site, believe me, before I even registered I browsed this site for several weeks, and the majority of people are very helpful, pleasant and friendly. So donā€™t give up just because of some unkind comments :frowning:

By the way Freakish, youā€™re on my ā€˜Ignore listā€™ so your postā€™s donā€™t even show up anymore, handy that, filters out the crap :wink: Iā€™d advise others to stick him on theirs :lol:

hi!

this is an amazing site, one of the best. Im so glad i happened to find this on the big webā€¦:slight_smile:
Im really interested in drawing and would like to proceed in thatā€¦so would some tell me what kind of program you use on your work and all other that may e importantā€¦

thanxā€¦im fresh, so please forgive me for my dull questionā€¦but im here to learn.

Hi You!
This is the most amazing site I have seenā€¦you all are very, very good at making monsters. I have never done this kind of work myself(I draw and paint)but never on my pc. I would really like to learn moreā€¦will any of you give me the nedet equipment-list to create my own monsterworldā€¦hehe.

Sorry for late post guys,

No problem guys, i know my work is bad (but it was really, like first time i ever created something from zsphere), but even now, i started to get shape of dragonā€™s head nicely!

[attach=37981]clip12copygq4.jpg[/attach]
(Again, dont just get me wrong, okay? ;))

But my point of this treat, isnt meant to be -see my kickass grandfatherā€™s face, it is meant to be, how to paint & rotate model in same time.

So no problem on those ā€œbadā€ comments, i want to hear whats good, and whatā€™s bad in further.

Start with some easier things, to get an idea, of how 3D Tools work. Start with clean Poly-modelling, box-modelling, etcā€¦
Im not begginer in 3d, i was in CG for 1-2 years, but i mosly done cars, houses and those box-modeling objects, to start head from box is kinda hard for me, that why i bought this piece of software.But ZBrush is totaly new expirience, its like a new dimension, so iā€™ll need a more time, before i can create something usefull.
You can find some of my works and tutorials on 3dbuzz.com.

Bye all, hope you hear soon!
-Stefan

Attachments

clip12copygq4.jpg

Im repeating myself here, but, like in any physical form of sculpture, try to get form at the lowest detail of levelā€¦ Only up the Sdivides when you really really need to.

Muyuā€™s work always pops in my mind regarding this check the ā€˜An Oldā€™ bust half way down of this page

Have fun.

Hi all again!
I have finally finished my dragonā€™s (as first normal work) modeling part, and before going into painting, i want to hear some critics and what i should add/delete, tweakā€¦

[attach=37982]clip16bc8.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

clip16bc8.jpg

this is what i should do to improve your model, a little stretching here and there (eyebrows, mouthā€¦). and donĀ“t hurry up with wrinkles and details., itĀ“s the funny part, but first attend to general shape. save several versions of your model and donĀ“t be afraid of experiment with drastic changes of shape moving points.

hope to be a help. go on.

sorry, missed this :lol:

clip16bc8.jpg

Thanks for reply, and nice skatch btw

Did u mean something like this, perhaps :confused:

[attach=37983]clip18ub1.jpg[/attach]

Tweak:
-Stretched Eyebrown
-Stretched ā€œDownā€ Mouth side

Attachments

clip18ub1.jpg

At this point I would start working on refining your dragon to make it more realistic, unless your going for the cartoony look. I would work on the tongue, and make it flatter, widen it out, less lumpy and more tongue like. Then after that I would work on defining the gums, mouth area so it better represented a cavity/mouth. Also with the gums I would work on setting the teeth in the gums, making it look more like normal teeth.

well, thatĀ“s close to what i mean, but u must decide the final look: realistic, cartoonā€¦and go for it. anyway, i should stretch that head even more, and smooth tongue

Ok yes i already have idea, and i will try to do it & post tomorrow! :wink:
I will go for realistic look, and if i cant make it, then ill stick with cartoon one!

P.S. Do you know where can i get some nice alphas? :rolleyes:

Thanks for replys
-Stefan

Little Update:

[attach=37984]clip13dl5.jpg[/attach]

Tweaks:
-Added some details on whole head
-Scaled(up) Head A Bit
-Applyed Skin + Light (for preview)
-Smoothed Toungh a bit
-Shaped A Mouth A Bit

ToDo:
-Smooth more tough
-Add some alphas(WHERE CAN I FIND MORE?)
-Transport to Maya
-Do A MentalRay Render
-End Of Model :smiley:

Attachments

clip13dl5.jpg

Hereā€™s some Alphas for you matey :wink: http://www.southerngfx.co.uk/general/resources/alpha/alpha.htm

Check out the rest of Glen Southerns site. Heā€™s the No.1 Zbrush man as far as Iā€™m concerned! Pity he rarely visits these parts anymore, although Iā€™ve looked at a lot of old posts, and he was basically one of THE backbone members of this site by the looks of things.

You certainly a very fast learner mate. Wish I could get such nice, natural looking renders with zbrush! What skin material did you use, and lighting?

Hope the Alphas help :wink:

EDIT: Hereā€™s some FREE Glen Southern Tutā€™s I found useful, Iā€™m sure you will also :wink: http://www.kurvstudios.com//free_tutorials/zbrush_free_tutorials.php?s=-1&u=2131