ZBrushCentral

Muppet Man Sketchbook

Your Hulk ROCKS!!! :smiley:

Hi Chris,

I think your work is incredible! Right now I’m doing an action hero for my degree project. I think I’ve made a real mess of it… …When ever I get screwed like this I look at your Dr Root and its gets me inspired to continue trying to make my model. I wanna know how long it took you come up with your concept and did you at any time feel that your model sucked and wanted to give up on it? After looking through your WIP thread it seems as though doubt never came into your mind. What is it that keeps you focused?

/_|]/_//_

Nice!!! Loving the Hulk! :+1:

Thanks, guys! The more I look at the details on hulk’s face, the more I want to get rid of them. I think instead of just cutting into the face to add wrinkles, I need to go back and build up some large and medium size folds and then pinch in between them.

SadamHu - Hey man, glad you like Dr. Root! :smiley: I had the idea for him bouncing around in my head for a week before I started sketching him out. I try to design a character using contrast, separating large main areas with black and light grey and I try to create an interesting silhouette. I will usually spend around 8 to 10 hours on a concept.

During the competition I definitely got frustrated and almost gave up a few times. If I was struggling with a leg muscle for instance, I would move to a part of the character that was easier, like one of the roots on his back or the plates on his body that way I was still moving forward. Then the next day I would come back to the leg and then it was easier to see what I was doing wrong. I try not to commit to anything on a sculpt and keep an open mind to reworking things if necessary. It’s best to look at your own work as if it were someone else’s that you’re critiquing. Even after I finished Dr. Root there were things I hated about him from certain angles and I tried to fix those things recently with the latest pose that I sent to ownage.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks for telling me that, I can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

Have you recieved the Dr. Root sculpt? or does it take a little longer?

Not yet. It takes a while but they should be sending me some pre-paint images soon. :slight_smile:

good to see some more work from you, the medusa is great, cool to see you push the Root further, fun sculpting. Hope all is going well for you.

Thanks, Cameron! Cool to see the work you’ve been doing on “World of the Red Sands” I see you dove right into Zsketching. :smiley: Awesome work.

Nice Medusa, theres another print for when you have the opportunity. Looking foward to the Hulk vs Wolverine, did’nt know he had been ripped in half like that. The new Dr Root looks great. Why were you putting the wrinkles in the Hulk for, is that from reference from other versions.

Always inspired to see your impressive sculpts. Medusa has that same look from the movie, you really captured it. I remember seeing you work on Dr Root and wasn’t surprised to find you won, such a cool idea! Keep hulk and wolvy going, its kinda a lot to block in but it’ll be sick! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

The new base looks great, i was voting for Dr. Root :slight_smile:

Point- thanks! Yeah, the wrinkles I was putting into hulk’s face were just messy. I’m going to go back and fix that stuff soon. I found some close up drawings that Leinil Yu did and that’s what I was referencing. I hope to get it looking like his drawing style. Need to play with some custom brushes.

Benj Wheeler - Thanks, man! Hopefully I can get back to the hulk soon!

Dylan Anthony - Glad you like the new base and thanks a lot for the vote! :smiley:

I took a break from my hulk project to work on a GIJoe sculpt based on J Scott Campbell’s Baroness drawings. Our theme this month at Robot is GIJoe so I took a stab at her and a H.I.S.S. tank. Unfortunately, I didn’t finish the H.I.S.S. tank but below is an image of what I have so far. Not crazy about Baroness’ pose since I kinda rushed it but once I get the tank done, I’m thinking about having her sitting on the tread. Hope you guys dig it!

cMoF

![cmbaroness03.jpg|617x1200](upload://mYsGRjqAWvvLXgJD9iYzJ8NkLRe.jpeg)![cmbaroness01.jpg|1100x775](upload://2ErTLCxohFrwN5fDz0fCWWph8e7.jpeg)![cmbaroness02.jpg|1100x767](upload://bNOVb1ejaKVoTfCHGpF9fFVkb7c.jpeg)![cmhiss01.jpg|1000x750](upload://diwNItNRSq15bnSakoywd4xXrlz.jpeg)

Smoking !!! I love her. Fantastic job.

Awesome! love the HISS

The Baroness looks GREAT! :+1:

Fantastic work! Medusa is my favorite, but fantastic work throughout! :smiley:

Immediately recognized the Campbell style. Nice work.

Great work! I like it. Congrats!

You really know how to nail comic book style Chris. Your type really complements your work also. It has a comic style sorta Indiana Jones feel to it, which I quite like. I noticed that also with Dr. Root you had really nice typography, just a little unreadable to give you the sense of being bound. I get feelings of jealousy and motivation from what you produce, you walking think tank! Also I really like the development of her face, how you started out with quite a thick jaw and then refined it to a more feminine look. I also prefer the shoes pointed like how you have it now, it was a good decision. Flawless victory! lol!