ZBrushCentral

Mudbox bought out!

HAHAHAAHAHAHA!

“what’re you 12?”

SAYS THE GUY USING THE ROLLING EYES EMOTICON!

HAHAHAHA!

says the guy who can’t find an opposing viewpoint without being snide.

ha!

you reap what you sow buddy.

jin

ok you have to admit that was kind of obnoxious… the rolling eyes may have betrayed a bit of condescension from spaceboy, but nothing like the above post or the ‘not seeing clearly’ comment which I read as direct insults… I would hate to see this degrade any further

this happens to be the only forum I’ve ever witnessed completely clean of flaming, and I’d love for it to stay that way

I think I disagree, but in a good way :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look like exactly the same thing and that is because ZBrush has been designed for sculpting.

There’s a reason sculptors use sculpting stands with rotating platforms. It’s so you can spin the sculpture and really see the form because of the changing lighting over the surface. That’s what you get in ZB when you spin the object.

In the other software during ‘normal’ navigation you change the view and not the object, so the position of the object relative to the light(s) does not change. You therefore don’t get the play of light over the surface that is so important for checking form. You can of course move a light to do this, but when sculpting, who wants to constantly switch back and forth between selecting a light and the sculpted object? The other software also place a premium on retaining orientation for the purposes of deformation operations, hence the need to preferably move the view and not the object.

I think that is the fundamental difference.

Certainly. But I can still remember when I first dropped my model to the canvas.
A concept I had to get used to.
Then there had been (with version 1.31b if my memory is still working right) the important question of how to get some eyes into this Xmas balls I produced. Followed by the limitations of the texture box (at that time I had literally hundreds of textures waiting to be used).
Now, not all of these things are specific interface problems, but there had been/there are differencies to most of the interfaces, and that’s why I said that you have to get used to it.
And this certainly is something that had been causing a block for a long time.

Other then that - disabling the showing of the avatars seems to be benefitial?:smiley:

OK guys, please leave the personal comments out of it. Discussions of this sort are great so long as they stay on topic - but nothing is gained when they start to generate heat.

Thanks,

“…personal comments?”

How can I specify my view of any kind of software by leaving out my personal view?

All right, what I meant was ‘personal attacks’ on other ZBC users (as earlier in this thread). I was trying to be gentle.

I’m selling my Mudbox Pro license for 500$. That’s 150$ below the list price. It’s a great product, I’m just not using it enough to give it shelf space.
License Transfer is arranged.
Cheers
Lemo

You are taking coupons?

Got some DAZzies, would just come handy ;)?

@ MC
Please, help me out in pointing me to any “attack” I’ve done during the length of this thread?

Gentle is my middle name, so …?

Zaphod, I wasn’t directing my comment at you. I apologize if it seemed that way.

:smiley:
could not have imagined it otherwise - one reason for me to think it would have been better to adress such things right from the start to the right person - “unvague” things, kind of.

Thank you!

Yes, it’s rather too easy to be misunderstood!

… no damage done, I think - it’s all about mud box, after all?:smiley:

By absorbing any competition, this Behemoth called Autodesk or Discreet is not going to make things better, they are reducing our range of choice and also reducing the quality of product by lowering the bar. THAT is what happens in a monopoly, no incentive to spend on development. Those predicting a fusion of Max and Maya, I hate to say it but they are two different products, Maya doesn’t need anything that max has… Max is just like Lightwave, they keep cramming new 3rd party plugins into it and send that off as an upgrade. Maya is a step up from Max but probably a step below Houdini and Softimage. After using Maya for sometime, I have to say the interface was a bit old and there appeared to be an unfinished integration of mental ray. Financial realities have forced Houdini and XSI to get a bit more realistic about pricing but where will that leave Maya and Max and Lightwave? Mudbox and Zbrush can be moved between all these apps just fine right now. Just my thoughts.

all I can say is Motion blur in mudbox. What are they thinking. I want to see my model not have it in motion. !!! :confused:

That’s funny… Yes, unbuyable… I made the decision NOT to upgrade because of ‘issues’ like that. Seems a corporate committee is now deciding about mudbox and not some gifted entrepreneurs.

And Adobe, unfortunately, has become the same. The products are increasingly unusable and miss the point more and more while offering little less then a polished corporate fassade from which even the simplest support request is deflected like that desperate call to the local phone company for some billing questions. I love the personal way Pixologic helps and how cool 3DBrush reacts as well. Others can go to heck imho…

Lemo

Ashleysparling, what do you mean motion blur? You have to check settings of your video card…
Mudbox works fine…theres no problem with blur…

um, i think he’s saying how is motion blur going to help in modeling.

LOL there is no motion blur.
it has realtime tone mapping, depth of field and ambient occlusion.