ZBrushCentral

MonteCristo's Work Dump

Hey all, long time no post. Life’s like that. :slight_smile:

Just thought I’d drop my latest shenanigans. I’m making a Dead Rising inspired Psychopath. My starting point was the Cute and Vicious challenge over at 3DTotal.

The theme of my character is a salsa ventriloquist. And this is his puppet! Sculpted with Dynamesh – my new favourite thing – and rendered using BPR and Lightcap – my other new favourite things. Working on the hig- polys right now, just in my spare time.

Hope you like! :slight_smile:

Very creepy … I love it!

Really great work! When I was a kid I thought a ventriloquist’s dummy was the creepiest thing except for a clown. :lol: Cheers, David :smiley:

Great job! :+1:

Then you would really hate waking up in this place… http://venthavenmuseum.com/

Asecbrush – Thank for that mate. :slight_smile:

Well done, it’ s very complete.

Thanks for that link … I did make an exception for Mortimer Snerd! :lol:

abiko - Cheers!

Chalkman - Yeah, he that’s because he lulls folk in by looking dumb. But when their back is turned… BAM!

Finally got some time to work on the ventriloquist to go with the puppet. :slight_smile: Hope you like.

Great character mate, totally like it! Nice folds on the arm area:+1:
The psycho boy is awesome too!
Looking forward seeing more from you!
Happy sculpting

• Kenny

Excellent! I cain’t wait to see those two paired up! :lol: Great work. Cheers, David

great character design!

KC-Production - Thank you. Glad you’re digging those fold. It’s definitely one of my areas of focus lately.

chalkman - You and me both, buddy. Thanks again for taking an interest. Low Poly stage, here we come.

traden1976 - Thank you!

Also added a savage little pair of Maracas. And no, that’s not a euphemism for something.

very nice ! I like it a lot !

Cxyda

so awesome! so many cool things with this!

This is really great work. Kudos MonteCristo.
Is this all your concepting. If so, congrats, great imagination.

Ezra

This makes me giggle!

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys. Glad you’re liking it so far.

Cxyda - Thank you!

DustyDewd - Again, thanks!

EZRA52 - Yah, I mean, kinda. Of course Dead Rising is a huge influence, so it goes without saying that I’m spring-boarding off of that. I’ve had a whole bunch of influences that have gone into this, and I’ll post a mood sheet at the end so you can see what I mean. Otherwise, I pretty much had a sense of what I was going for from the off. The lank hair. The terrible lounge suit (based on an amazing Tom Jones outfit I found). And a puppet that to me is oddly reminiscent of Herve Villechaize. I guess all work is eclectic, but I find Zbrush a great tool to bring it all together – my sculpting style is a lot more like drawing than sculpting, I think, which makes up its strengths and most of it shortfalls too. :slight_smile: Anyway, I digress.

Jerick - I’m glad about that. :smiley:

So I’m back in the job market and updating the portfolio, as one does. I’ve actually had the finished piece here sitting on my computer for ages, just never got around to rigging, and shooting the damn thing. Anyway, here it is. Hope y’all like!

DR2_Ventriloquist_Portrait_01.JPG

DR2_Ventriloquist_Portrait_02.JPG

DR2_Ventriloquist_Portrait_03.JPG

DR2_Ventriloquist_Portrait_04.JPG

DR2_Ventriloquist_Portrait_05.JPG

Forgot the Wireframe…