ZBrushCentral

Monster WIP, now with genitals (nudity) and kung-fu grip!

Hopefully, more to come very soon… gonna do a pass on the torso next. Not enough rez to take the teeth,mouth etc further yet. I like to work the entire model before i jump subdivisions… and then cry when the detail gets smoothed out and needs to be hardend up again. - Ken
[attach=16902]grabs6_web.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

grabs6_web.jpg

Will its mouth close up like the vampires on one of the Blade movies? or like the roaches of Mimic maybe ? Just curious…I love the design…I did a similiar sketch of something that’s whole face opened up …like the Husky dog face split scene in John Carpenters The Thing…anyhoo…I look forward to seeing more of this progression.:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Started to work on the torso. Still figuring out the locations of things. I generally have several ideas for each area so im kinda figuring it out as i go as to how much is bone and where there is gonna be muscle. Not enough rez in the mesh yet to be able to block in a lot of areas such as the ribs, or the traps or the stomach folds.
kenfinlayson7_web.jpg
Cheers, Ken

really keeping great… if you keep so, you’ll get a toprow!!

:b4: :b4: :b4: :qu: :qu: :qu: spaz8, did you make this model with the zspheres ? :qu: :qu: :qu:

Try sub-dividing with ‘Smt’ turned off in the Geometry palette, then using Draw set to smooth to hand-soften those parts you want nice and rounded.

Looking excellent, btw.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, i can’t wait to try it. does this change how ZB smoothes/ interpolates the geom?, or just a visual cheat thats exclusive to ZB?

Does this adjust the catmull-clark smoothing algorithm?

333666999 - it was modeled outside of zbrush, no zspheres, i made the polygroups

Ron Harris - sadly i don’t see a lot of movies, i know of the blade character u speak of, haven’t seen mimic or the thing either.- I know… I know

Just tried subdividing without SMT, Awesome… thanks for the tip!
ALSO handy to turn on SMT at higher subdivision when u want to soften things… ill probably divide once more without SMT, then turn it back on, probably my new workflow, thanks. -Ken

Thanks for the warning on 5-stars, the model is totally quads, but obvious u cant avoid making 5-stars, just strategically place them

Glad it helped. Only thing to watch out for is any polygon junctions where more than 4 edges meet. Sub-dividing with Smt off sets those points in concrete and manual smoothing never seems to get them exactly flat. In my limited experience, anyway.

Nice to know that he is circumcised and well taken care!

:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, i thought that to myself too after the fact.

Finally got some time to get back to this, been too busy with work. Did some work on the torso, teeth and face.
Snapz030_web.jpg

Attachments

Snapz030c.jpg

Hi *8, I would’nt call you a spaz :o
Its been amazing to see you build this creature up. Your design is original and logically thought out, and the combination of attention to anatomy, forms and details is outstanding in my memory of creations posted at ZBC, welldone!

Little confusion about his anatomy - where is the muscle mass that controls the opening and closing of his jaws?

Thanks for sharing your work with us,
Kircho

P.S - This is probably the 10th time I’ve had the State of Ontaria come up when doing a background checks on outstanding artists, scientists and writers ! Are you aware of this unusual congrogation of talent in your populas and if so what is to blame for this? :smiley: - actually I’m considering moving to Canada.

P.P.S - When I checked your website, I found, in your gallery of finished works, the presentation of your model of a fighter jet most curious. ( Interactive rotating and zooming of the model with changes in light attenuation!). Could you please explain how you produced it, I think its an exellent way of showing off ones models for examination.

Very good but try to make a more divided polys mesh.

MattHHH:cool:

Why don’t you take a look down here:

ALIEN FACE HUGGER

Kircho - the plane on my website - I too thought it would be a cool way to present models, i just never have time for my website. I wanted to make a gallery of these things. It is done with quicktime VR. Theres an app called VR worx that helps make quicktime “objects”. Basically all this is is a string of images rendered out at different angles and compiled together.

As far as the jaw anatomy, yes it needs to be developed, what little there was has been smoothed out with a divide. I’m still very much placing the anatomy and will be correcting it.

MattHHH - ya its still very much a WIP, i still haven’t done a single pass on probably 1/2 the model :frowning: I just wanted to keep the thread alive and post what I had completed since I hadn’t touched this model for 2+ wks due to work.

Cheers, Ken

how do you get the “dirt” in the cracks?

very nice modeling, the center face detailing you’ve added is really great.

I must say it looks VERY much like this sketch by InsaneVisions at conceptart.org:

http://angrybaldmen.com/insanevisions/o55.jpg

if so, I think it would be only fair that you atleast give him a partial nod for the concept, if not, then I’m sorry to have brought it up.

keep up the great modeling :+1:

Agreed, I was initialy inspired by the sketch you provided a link to. As far as inspiration goes, full credit is due because its what got me thinkin about this creature and grabbin reference and input to complete the design. But i think the more work I do on this guy the less you will draw comparisons. Frankly there isn’t enough information in that sketch. Most of my design ideas are coming from Anatomy books or pics of animals yawning (ie lions). Hope That helps.

LovisX - the “dirt” is a result of “sharpening” the image, accentuating the dark areas.

That is freaking awesome,I love the hands and feet they really stand out to me. I’m green… If I had a hint at the process of creating those beautiful appendeges…well that would be cool. I really like the idea too, reminds in a remote way (and I mean no discredit by comparing) to those creatures that preyed on vampires in the film BLADE II.