ZBrushCentral

monkeymuscke SKETCHBOOK

heh doing a 300 version of me for the gf! its a WIPme.jpg

I think you like short legs…

The last girl model is very well made, my compliments I like it.

Make a beauty render of that please!

Bye

Nice work as always, love the update on “Boil”. Friggin nastiness!!! Can’t wait to start animating that guy, maybe put some jiggle deformers in the really big pussy blisters, hahah.

-feeeeeeeesh

Hey man great update!! hope you are enjoying your “Me” time. Most people would be shock to see how short legs are in real life. Some people have long legs and others have short legs. I would agree that the legs looked a bit short for my taste but that is up to the artist to decide how long or short you want your limbs. It is part of your style and nobody can tell you it is right or wrong. At the end of the day,is what feels good for your project and yourself what matters. The media had sell us this unrealistic idea of what a human body should look like, that we tend to overlook reality. Reality is full of imperfections,asymmetry and ugliness. And We as artist ,work so hard to minimize or get rid of this defects ,that sometimes ,we lost contact with reality. Remember that this is a personal project ,meant to please the artist not a client.

thanks guys! Moving to a new job in florida so wont be able to post for a while! will miss all my peeps at gentle giant and my old Alma mater Gnomon! keep it loose and real! off to make some kick ass games!

Skelton i appreciate your comment! Yes people should strive for imperfections especially when sketching. zbrush should be loose as drawing on paper till you get things to a place where you are comfortable. too many people strive for the perfect proportion ecroche musclemen and big boobed chicks etc! honestly if i see another orc or alien im gunna puke! thats why my subject matter is boring lol i like to sketch normal people. get enough monsters at work:) besides you learn humans and animals well just a little move tool action and voila you have an alien!

Danconia- yes if things look weird to a laymen they probably are! it is enough to just point out something that doesnt work instead of giving improper advice. i find laymen much more unbiased than artists in general who think they know everything. We are only as good as our reference and don’t know as much as we think. its one reason i dont like posting stuff. crits are appreciated and helpfull but bad advise can send a novice in the wrong direction if not taken with a grain of salt.

before you give anatomy advice make sure it is the correct advice. fyi for monsters or characters it doesnt matter if the arms or a certain muscle is small etc. as long as the bony landmarks and muscle inserts flow right its good.

you wrote {

The arms look really weird though. The shoulders need to rest higher and the triceps are hanging too low. The biceps arent big enough. It seems that the arms a little short as well. The elbows should rest right on the hips when by his side.}

as for the tricept, the long head does hang low. of course it will
vary per person. also the elbows should rest at the belly button or mid oblique not the hip. unless it has monkey arms which are ok too:) hope its not too harsh, you just give lots of people advice here and just want to make sure you are prudent with it. you have a good eye sometimes that is enough.

to get rid of the jagged edges, click on AAhalf you will get better more crisper results. congrats on new job.