ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: The Unofficial ZMascot • 09-08-03 to 09-22-03 (Week One)

extra dimensional, i noticed the z :wink: as i was playing with such idea myself…

Thinking about ZMascot…

Great work Here !! :smiley: :+1:

:large_orange_diamond: NOBA: nice to meet you !! My compliments to your work !!! :+1: :+1:

he andreseloy, signing your images even with time - hihi - yeah your right doing so, as you are so creative. i like the vivid colors :+1:

and here is mine, no more than a little doodle on the topic…

Hi Kokoro your post is just fantastic¡¡¡ The scene is superb¡¡¡
Congratulations

Based upon a well known tutorial. :smiley:

Well, meet ZDUDE!

He is the only maskot I could get in short notice…and with the last 5$ I had in my pocket…

He is a 50 year old surfer CrAcK head, who loves colors, and he also said he liked ZBRUSH… Hope he qualifys…

Umm do the maskots have to go thru drug testing to qualify?

LOL, Just jokeing :)…

thanks all, What a fun contest :slight_smile:

LOL, Polaris…That’s pretty funny. :smiley:

Wow! there are some pretty neat mascots here already! Great work folks!
Well, here is my entry. Just a fun piece to do I kind of let my perfectionism go by the wayside for this one… :stuck_out_tongue:

:white_small_square: :white_small_square:

The Z is a MMed object done in z…I imported the font for the word brush and for the 1.55b both in as textures and changed them to alphas, then Z i fied them…all materials zbrush…the head is a recent female head that I thought fit my idea…and no blood this time… :slight_smile: The blue bar is a 3d cube deformed…thanx for looking…I also see we have some very interesting critters around here on the thread…very kewl stuff yall.

northstar, what a grandiose color scheme !

Well, I decided that someone should give busy Juandel a chance to see his excellent idea, (See Page 1 Of This Thread), in here, and since I haven’t ever done one of these challenges, I thought, ‘Why the hell not?’ :smiley:

So…This has my name on it, but it’s Juandels’ model, in the beginning of being ‘Miguel-ized’, and the finished piece will be from both of us…He has encouraged me to finish the idea, and I am honored to collaborate with my Austrian Amigo!

(And I’m posting the WIP sketch, because this thread seems to have dropped off the map, and I don’t want people to miss the opportunity to contribute, because they didn’t see it… :smiley: :cool: )

EDIT: This is an update…The sketch in the background is Juandels, and is the guide for the scene. This has NO modelling done yet, and is just carefully placed ZSpheres, with an Adaptive Skin, 2 Density, and ‘CSkin’ on. All other settings are in default, and I don’t save these skins, just the ZSphere tools. A new skin can always be made from this ZTL, and you can save different versions of ZTL with different poses, since these files are so small… :wink:

very nice gesture, michael. and a good start with the figure. hope you make it in time :wink:

Well, looks like I get this in under the wire, but it feels a little lonely in here… :rolleyes:
Anyway, this is based on Juandels’ idea on page one, and I started with his model there…The painting is one of my favorite paintings of all times here, Juandels ‘Rein-Bats’, done a couple of Christmases ago…He was kind enough to send me the BMP file of the painting, which I treasure, and the Lady Simone has it at her place of employ, under her transparent desk protector, where it has cheered her days there for years!..I encourage you to track down the original thread to see this wonderful painting in greater detail. All I can say is that anyone who can come up with ‘Rein-Bats’ is my kind of people!

So, although it is nowhere near the intent of Juandel as expressed in his original idea, here’s my ‘Miguel-ization’ of his idea, and my suggestion for ‘Unofficial Mascot’…

Zee Brush

:smiley:
(I was actually thinking of George Pal, and his ‘Puppetoons’ when I did this, so he ended up less human, more brush. :cool: )

No modelling was done in a conventional sense…Just skinned Adaptive ZSpheres, and painting…

FANTASTIC STONECUTTER A GREAT POST¡¡¡
CONGRATULATIONS

I really like the easel, really fits into the little “world” you’ve created. Great job. And the painted city in the BG is a nice touch as well. :+1:

It was decided amongst those that showed up in irc tonight to run this challenge for another week. Mtb or Aurick can you please note this one the thread topic…Thank you.

SC love the puppetoon look…I always enjoyed watching those as a child…havent seen one in years though… :cool:

Yea!
That is what Gumbie looks like after useing Zbrush!

WOOT!

Nice work stonecutter :slight_smile:

Hey MR. SC, this is a wonderful little fantasy piece. I love it! great colours and textures and lots to look at for sure. Fits well into the upcoming season as well. Congrats on a lovely piece!

Mak

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: bravissimost, Michael! thanks for Miguelizing the guy in such a great way - and for having kept the christmas card :smiley: heres the original Santa Mouse post to ZBC. meloves expression, gesture, batcolored “nose” and the fantastico atmospheric bg with film moir :wink: like citylights, icy cold water and wonderfully painted tree :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

• juju