ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Organic Zspheres ZSketching

nice job troyboy !! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:the mouth on your tasmanian tiger is perfect i would hate to get eatn by one of those things lol their jaws r massive like an anaconda. i also thought u did a good job with the arch of his back n torso n your island bro!!:):sunglasses:

hey froyd to bad you cant take part in mnc hopefully next time you can join us if you get the time and are able to fix your systemā€¦

hey space im glad that its recognizable even in its early form still alot of work to do on it hope i can get it finished before monday yeah i plan on adding stripes just trying to figure out the best way to do it.. yeah your probably right it probably is the color that reminds me of the chameleon..;) hey Prosthesis yes it is you recognized it even early on..;) yeah i wish they weren't extinct either there's been many roomers that there's still some left alive in the wild and even now there trying to clone them and bring them back to life but even if they do it will only be a representation of the original Thylacine and will have a compromised immune system so i hope they find some soon if there is any left..:D thanks les glad you like the Thylacine still have alot of forms to refine till the likeness is there yeah they did have massive jaws they were the largest marsupial not to mention had the largest gape of any animal for its size kind of wish they weren't extinct would of loved to see one.. heres another early sketch.. [![bird sketch v1.jpg|1120x840](upload://odiM6osTpgt0NE1pNyjFnYLgUMd.jpeg)]

still working on the Thylacineā€¦

troy that second one is great, i love the way you did the feathers and even the leg scales. i am confused as to whats on the right though.
i like how animated these pieces are.

some things i learned about zsketch spheres doing these:
perspective affects position of spheres
spheres can only get so small on the screen
when using very small spheres rigging, regardless of setting or extra root spheres will occasionally not deform as well as the larger spheres underneath. to get around this i had to redraw a whole set of them as a different tool which allowed me more control.
they are fun, but the lack of transpose type controls make them a bit of a pain sometimes.
grouping would be really useful.

Oh wow! Troy those zskiffs are amazing! Well beyond what I had in mind!

This would be perfect to help me explain refinement. You can then go into one or two stages of sculpting on a generated mesh from the zskiff and even retopo the mesh for a stage three sculpt.

As for myself, I have been stuck in bed. Last real day I remember was Wednesdayā€¦lol. I have been heavily medicated for the past 4 days. I even had a singing competition Friday that I missed because not only did I lose my voice, when I would try to get a note out of it, it sounded more like a crashing Big Rig full of Chihuahuasā€¦lol!

I will try my best to submit something for this challenge. I would say this is the worst week to get sick and be so busy with work and freelance but I bet life can pick another day to make that one even more horrific so, that will be the extent of my complaining.

Thank you all for adding your images and comments to this thread. I love to see the enthusiasm in both word and works.

ended up making one more, this one was just for fun and not about anything, eventually it reminded me of josephine baker, so i posed it after her and user similar jewerly. i didnā€™t have time to play with the image as much as iā€™d have liked. also had to redo all the small spheres because they would not pose correctly. looking forward to normal sculpting again.

[jbaker2l.jpg]

Crab-spyder?

Attachments

craber.jpg

cool, reminds me of a gridbug:
http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gridbug.png

hey space thanks im glad you like it so far yeah the feathers were some what of a challenge to get rightā€¦ yeah i was originally going to take this further on the right of it i was going for a tree log and rocks i even tried to get some dynamics in the waterā€¦ :smiley:

thanks for the tips i have noticed these things also i agree with out transpose it is pain to get these positioned correctly also it would be nice to be able to combine sketch sphere with other subtool zskiffsā€¦ i also noticed when rotating on the zaxis the head gets distorted and does not give the results i want the most when posing so i hope they fix this this in the soon to be released zbrush 3.5 r3 updateā€¦

interesting concept you have going on there space like the pose and the artistic feel of the composition;)

hey Mahlikus thanks glad you like them wasnā€™t sure what the limits were on this challenge whether we had to do fantasy or realistic so i just gave it a try my only regret is that i didnā€™t get time to finish since i didnā€™t get any time before mondayā€¦ i hope we get more and more people participating in these as time goes by it would also be nice if the moderators would put these challenges in the top row so people can see there going on and join with us because i donā€™t think many people know about these challengesā€¦

hope you get feeling better and sorry you couldnā€™t join us for the first mnc hope you can participate in the second mnc always like seeing your workā€¦

and thank you for bringing mnc backā€¦:wink:

hey jack999 interesting crab spider zksketch joining these challenges is a good way to improve on your zbrush knowledgeā€¦ hope you can join us in future mnc challengesā€¦:+1:

thanks to every one that participatedā€¦:smiley:

troy1617- thank you for your comments. I am trying to be more active in the community and in just making stuff rather than thinking about making stuff