ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Fantasy Weapons of All Eras (Final Week!)

Excellent stuff everyone!
Bone that rifle is wicked awesome!
Zifs, textures, and MM tool…way to go man!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I should be adding something myself tonight.
This entire week has been tons busy…and I didn’t get anything done this weekend because of the annual b-day celebration…Quarter Century New! :grimacing: :wink:

Once again, don’t forget IRC tonight. If you have questions or comments, pop on in. I am actually going to be there right now for a little while so all yall on the other side of the hemi…pop on in too! Namek, get yout butt in there buddy!..lol

Keep it up yall! :wink: :+1:

hi all
bone, simplemente exquisito.perfecto.

I did a pretty simple object, a world war 2 mine. It consists of a Sphereinder for the main volume(various alphas/selections were used to get the shape), another Sphereinder for the trigger cap(modelled with radial symmetry) and the handle was made from a multimarked object. Zspheres for the handle itself and a deformed Cube3D for the handle fittings.

The environment is also fairly simple, just a plane3d at 512x512 deformed with an alpha(reflect1 #33) and then I raised and lowered the ground around the mine with the simple brush, changing the brush height/width+Alpha+Zintensity where appropriate.

Seing as it was a pretty simple object I decided to work more on the surfacing and lighting. I spent a fair while tweaking the lights and rendered it twice (baking in between with Layers :small_orange_diamond:Bake Blend Amount at 99).

Finally came the smoke and light enhancements of the flare. That was done with the SimpleBrush, HighlighterBrushII, ColorizerBrush and the BlurBrush. Many alphas and different stroke types(though mainly the Spray stroke) were used.

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200308/user_image-1060044727zga.jpg[/img]    

Great weapons everyone :+1:, I hope to make a couple more. The last week of the challenge has just begun.

Greetings,

I think I’ve finally realized how to use multi-markers and layers to turn out some decent illustrations.
I am currently experiencing my second renaissance with Z-Brush.
[Gallery]

Hei TVeyes;
This is a masterpiece when it comes to
lighting and texturing. The contrast
between dark and light, and dirt and
metal is so dramatic. Hope you don’t mind
if I right click this one?
Meget fasinerende kompis. :+1:

love that twisted stereo-gun, bonecradle, though i would hate to have to stand in line with other marksmen :wink: and thats one bombastico and strangely beautiful contact mine, tveyes! :+1: :+1: :+1:

btw, heres a true classic slingshot - and heres the site i took the url from: weapons in ancient egypt

• juandel

Here’s my entry.

A Fusion Cannon. :slight_smile:

Mostly made from cylinder objects and the use of selection masking and deformations.

The reactor is made from a spherinder and the hose connector is made from a masked and deformed torus. The handles were made from skewed cube3ds.

Here’s the polyframe version.

Here’s the rendered version.

[Gallery Entry]

WindgeOne, not only the very original design
also and thats the more i liked is the second one with the lighting setup and the color¡¡¡¡ Is very clear too¡¡
Congratulations

Well folks, everthing looks so good. Congrats to all who created weapons and posted here. There are some real masterpieces here. I ended up scrapping my pitiful try. Guess weapons aren’t my thing… Oh well there is always the next challenge.

:rolleyes:

WAIT A MINUTE!!!
I changed my mind. I decided to try anyhow, (I hate giving up on a challenge) so I did something simple (not nearly as creative as some I have seen on here) And something that isn’t likely to be used for killing.

HERE IS MY CRYSTAL DAGGER

OOPS! I almost forgot here is how I made it.
I used zshperes to create the blade.(I used three zspheres and two attractor spheres, and adaptive skinning… I forgot to save the original zshpere model, sorry!) And a sphere to create the handle. A deformed ring to create the handle rings, and imported some dxf jewels for decoration.

I used markers to fuse the handle to the blade.

:smiley:

Excellent stuff everyone. :tU: :+1: :+1:

I am a bit sad because recent events haven’t allowed me to finish my idea for this challenge. Hopefully, if I fix my computer today, I will be able to complete more.

Here is the thumbnail…

See you all tonight in IRC.

Tonight should be the last time we make a MNC without picking a winner. Then its balls to bones, work you ass off time!lol

I hope everyone is having fun with this. Participation is pretty low on this one. I will give you all a word of advice though. If you want to make a suggestion for the MNC or add input, go in the IRC channel tonight.
This is the way it has always worked.
See yeah.

Mahlikus The Black
I think MNC is a great idea and a important oportunity to learn because most of ZB user try to make his best post and i suspect for general purpose that low post in this one reside more with vacations than other aspect.
In my personal case, believe me that the deformation palette has been a hard rock to work in this setting… I was trying to do more o less aceptable but no results but i have seen with great interest the post of all of you.
Maintain that spirit because your effort is absolutely necessary and recognized.
Thanks for your attention

I am desolated to not make this challenge :frowning:
I was not here :slight_smile:
My favorite is Sarabel post but I am not partial :smiley:
Pilou Fan of Sarabel
Ps Bone in second place ! Incredibily detailed mechanic gun !

ok, i dont understand where the tutorial is. i am very new as the title says. if u can plz add me to yur msn and help. its melowdave-.-@hotmail.com
i added the guy on top who made first post. but no response yet. plz help, i love art and i want to try and make weopons, anime, yah know, the works. i specificaly want to get advanced enough to make a 3d modle of stuff like this guy in a video game i like called tales of phantasia. its 2d and i want to make a 3d model of the main charater Cless.

Its my first time posting any of my work, but I figured it was time to throw something up here. I was lookin through the forums and saw this “weapons challenge”, so this sounded like a good place to start. It took me a couple hours, and the sword is all done in ZBrush except for the kanji stencil I made in Photoshop. I started with Zspheres for the blade shape then, I did subtools and extract for the handle. Sorry I didn’t include a wireframe or show subtools seperated, I just didn’t think this piece was worth showing all that. Dragon Sword.jpg Feel free to drop any questions or comments, and hopefully I can put some other stuff up in the future. Happy ZBrushing :smiley:

looks good, I’d like to see that blade made from jade or whatever arrow heads were made from :slight_smile: