ZBrushCentral

Minerals as abstract art (Now with 23 Materials added)

Yet another mineral as abstract art.

I have taken especial dedication to this one, looking as reference the images that Blaine91555 posted for me here so kindly.

It is another of my extrange yet colorfull mix of minerals. I have tryed to simulate; Smokey Quarz (black), Carnelian, (reds) and Herkimer Diamonds (whites)

What do you think? Any comments?

Cordially

Luis Faus

[min10 detail.jpg]min10 dkzs.jpg

For this project i have been creating many materials to look-alike to certain Stones/minerals/cristals. And I thought it would be nice to share them with you. Some of the materials have double meaning, just need to create the object with the selected Mat. in a New layer and in Render, turn off “flatten image”.

Many of them have their own Texture and Alpha and the size increase quite a lot ( had one of 32 mb ^_^) I have compressed them to the best quality in zip files. The biggest file i think is about 2mb. Here are the examples of how they look like; [![materials tests dkzs.jpg|695x716](upload://8V24H34xpzl2ipxEFURhqRGbY5A.jpeg)]![materials tests B dkzs.jpg|683x178](upload://ArgNipBshjQVRig98faCZ2KKLiB.jpeg) -Rhodonite+ Azurite; turning the "flatten image" off u will get Rose quarth/amethyst.

-Ice/diamond; depending wich one you like just need to apply it in a new layer and turn off the “flaten image”.

-[Carnelian](http://www.luisfaus.com/ZBM/Carnelian-Ruby-DKZS.zip); Turning off "flatten image" you will get Ruby.(link fixed)

-Yellow Tarnish

-Sudalite Blue

-Red Jasper+Acuamarine

-Grey Rock

-Chrome

-Acuamarine

Enjoy! Cordially Luis Faus

Superb!

can’t wait to see that!

gd one]

will be waiting…

exelent stuff. cant wait to get my hands on these mats:cool:

Those materials look awesome! The crystals seem pretty accurate too.

You are very generous apart from being a great Z-artist :wink: thank you very much !

Genial. Muchas gracias por los materiales, dkzs.

Excelente trabajo.:+1: :+1: :+1:

So very generous. Thanks for sharing. Excelent work!

DKZS…thank you very much for your kind offering. I know how much time and effort goes into these kind of things, and your sharing them with us is fantastic.

Word.

Some awsome materials!!!

Thank you very much for the mats DKZS :+1: got all appart for the Carnelian mat
The page cannot be found

Had no trouble with any of the other mats:question: anyone having the same trouble. anyway BIG thanks DKZS p.s great tut on makeing minerals:+1:

:smiley: got it now.

dkzs,

Thanks for the mats :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
I’ll download tonight. I dug out some more specimens and I’ll get them photographed for you. Probably on Friday. Keep going.

Thank you for the comments :slight_smile: im really glad to share the materials with you guys. (plus I would love to see my materials in action with your creations)

This community has been great (still is) for sharing knowledge, no matter location, and or studies or work position. The people that compose it its exceptional (really great) And for that i think its what really makes ZBrush Central THAT great.

Blaine;
whenever you want or can man, no rush. But mostly im basing my materials in some of your pictures (they are great)

Saltapiedras;
Siempre un placer amigo :slight_smile: y gracias.

Sebceisor;
Really glad that a man of your talent could use some of my materials :slight_smile:

And for the rest;
Thank you very much for ur nice comments, im glad to help as much as this community has done for me. Would love to see some creations of yours with my materials :wink:

Hopefully I will be posting more materials soon.

Much Cordially

Luis Faus

…Jantim for wood and metal, now Luis for the mineral !
Brilliant :+1:

As promised, 5 more materials to add to the collection. Im beggining to really like this.Somehow now I do enjoy doing materials rather than monsters and rest.

Anyway, here 5 more minerals;

[PACK2.jpg]

-Watermelon Tourmaline; Its transparent so, create object in a new layer, aply this material to it, uncheck flatten image in render settings, and voilá!

-Blue Lace Agate

-Larimar (fixed)

-Malachite 2

-Malachite 2B

Thats it for now, hope u like them.
*btw; any requests and or suggestions,comments, crittiques, accepted.

Much cordially

Luis Faus

More mats :slight_smile: Thank you dkzs

Many thanks

very cool dkzs! thanks for letting us benefit from your experimenting! Keep it up…it’s fun to see what you come up with.