ZBrushCentral

milans Sketchbook

Nice flippn job Milano, hope you can see this message… & especially this one ,!, :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

looks great!

Thanks truubluu, did you just give me the finger lol!? Thank you ioster :slight_smile:

can you briefly go over your process for the render?

ioster, the vray setup is pretty simple, just a couple of rectangle lights set up as a main and fill.

For the eyes, I made some extra lights, and excluded all the geometry except for the outer eyes. For those same lights, I turned off affect diffuse so their only contribution is to add specular and reflection to the eyes. Ill grab some screenshots later today or early this weekend :slight_smile:

Here’s the image with couple gamma and noise corrections.

Micheal_Milano_Creature_zbc3.jpg

Cross thread from the Dragon Ball Z fan art challenge. Here is my Super Buu I have been working on, and wanted to throw him in my sketchbook. Any crits/suggestions please welcome.

Michael_Milano_Majin_Buu.jpg

Very cool model and render! The only thing I don’t like is his feet/shoes. Maybe it’s just the pose but because they are pointy and the heels are off the ground it seems almost like he is wearing high heels, which seems to go against the general bad-ass attitude he has otherwise. Maybe it was a deliberate choice though, in which case ignore me :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Brian

Really nice work. I specially like the torso, including the texture/shader and the facial expressión.
If something, try to improve the gesture of the left hand (avoid the tangents with the pants) and add a little asymetry on the teeth. I also agree with Horganovski about the shoes.

There are a lot of good entries in that challenge that I´m going to join!

Horganovski, thank you for the feedback. I initially wanted him hovering, but then wanted the feet grounded and rotated the toes… I think you are right, now looking at him it is a little awkward, so Ill keep playing with the pose :slight_smile:

Thank you Omar Pico, I will try and work on the hands a teeth!

ioster, here is the setup I used for the creature, and all the shaders were standard V-Ray materials. Adam Lewis has a great Digital-Tutors series on V-Ray, and goes pretty in depth how he sets up his scenes http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/537-Realistic-Skin-Shading-Lighting-and-Rendering-in-3ds-Max-and-V-Ray

Untitled-1.jpg

Awesome Buu man, really digging the proportions! :+1:

It is great to see Dragonball get some lovin’ here.

This is easily one of the best models I’ve seen of a character.

My criticisms are very minor. He can’t have scars, he’s made of bubble gum and evil. It doesn’t fit the story if he has scars.
The only other thing is the pants also have scars/dents. How does cloth have dents??

i know those kind of things are added for realism, but you model is so good, it would hold up without them. :+1:

Santis, thank you!

Thank you Pigumon :slight_smile: I did put the scars in to break him up and add a little realism to his simple design, however will consider taking them out. I am unhappy with the pants as a whole (I have avoided cloth for so long) and am currently redoing them, so hopefully they turn out better!

:slight_smile:

thank you davorek :slight_smile:

Update on the Ben Kingsley, going to call him done for now. Finally tried exporting fibermesh into 3ds max which is awesome, feel like I can do more characters with hair now.

Hi-res image

ben_091.jpg

Nice likeness !

Great render. Nice sculpting and I love the realistic look of the fabric. My only crit is that the skin is slightly lacking in realism. It may need a touch more SSS or maybe a bit more tonal variation. I look forward to seeing more :+1:

Looking good Mike! … NOW GET BACK TO WORK! :wink:

lol Thanks Corey :confused:

Thank you Ouran!

Thank you Leo AMD, I think you nailed the problems right on the head. First pass with the SSS2 shader, hopefully will learn and better results to come. Also, your sculpts are amazing, I am a big fan of your work!

Frankenstein I have been working on, had a lot of fun making him. Any crits and critique always welcome.

Michael_Milano_Frakenstein.jpg