ZBrushCentral

Meats DVD

Im in NZ too!! And the DVD is well worth it! So when you have the money, I highly recommend buying this DVD! SAVE SAVE SAVE!!

Really worth every cent, in fact all the pieces of Mr.Meier are a must to every wanna-be ZB artist.It worth every cent.

A great DVD. All i need is in. Thanks.

well, after reading all these posts and a few at polyloop, I’m gonna definately give this a try. Glad for the ability to download too! Can I request a paypal option also?

great dvd’s Meat :slight_smile:

but i do have a question ( small one )

first off i’m totally new to zbrush and i started your video with 3 and just updated to 3.1

now i’m wondering about TWEAK tool for 3d mesh in 3 and in 3.1 it’s gone and i’m guessing it’s now called MOVE

is there any other tools in the videos that have been changed in 3.1 besides this one?

i didn’t know where else to post this question

thanks

Steve

i’m only on the 3 lecture of the first dvd ( basics of zbrush 3)

first off i’m new to zbrush and i just updated to 3.1

i got to the point where you are talking about the tweak tool for pushing around the 3d mesh and i see that some names have changed for some of the tools.

I’m guessing that the tweak tool is now called the move tool

is there any other changes that happened in 3.1 ( same tool just under a different name )

thanks for your time

Steve

Hi Steve, I’m a newbie too. It is for this reason that I’ve already re-installed the earlier version - so I could follow the tutorials. I think there was a separate thread on this forum where it was said not all the bugs have been worked out of the new version yet. To me, as a newbie, I think it is just easier to use the earlier version to learn the program, then install the upgrade after mastering some of it first. Even the pdf manual seems to be for version 3.0

I don’t believe there’s a comprehensive list anywhere. My advice is “don’t be afraid to ask stupid questions.”

Just plow forward. And when you hit a snag, no matter how small, post it on ZBrush Central. Include screenshots wherever possible, as this clarifies for us what you’re trying to do, while simultaneously lending “weight” to your question. (threads without pictures often go unnoticed)

I mean, this is a screwed-up way to look at things, but if hiding a few buttons brings lurkers out of the woodwork, Pixologic should change the interface on us more often. :wink:

Just got mine and I love it! Thanks Meats, you rock.

These DVDs magically whisked away my Zbrush intimidation and I’m ready to dive in head-first.

I was pondering this buy and after reading how many have thoroughly enjoyed and learned so much from it’s content I had to give in! Thanke Meats for being one of the few that covers the basics for us newbies. :+1: I’m sure it’s going to be well worth the $61.00!! I’m very much looking forward to gaining more know how working in ZB3! :bulb:

All the best

Richard :smiley:

I’m debating whether to get the DVD or try a chapter from the gnomonology website. Anyone purchased the download version from that site yet?

I’ve purchased some other tutorials from Gnomonology, and the quality was excellent. I didn’t have any trouble ordering, and the download was sufficiently fast for my needs.

This one, I bought the actual DVD on, so my comments don’t apply directly. I can’t imagine the exerience would be any different, though.

Any idea of the shipping costs for Europe? And shipping times?

Sorry if this was mentioned already - I read through this once, but don’t remember.

I currently own a copy of ZBrush 3.1 and I am definitely purchasing Meats Meier’s Introduction to ZBrush 3.

There is also another DVD in this series entitled “ZBrush For Illustration with Meats Meier” which takes you through a project in ZBrush 2.0 from start to finish.

I really like the look of this DVD, especially as I can get to see the workflow of a project from start to finish.

The question I have is this: Is the workflow similar in ZBrush 3.1 as is ZBrush 2.0, so that I can at least get something out this DVD ?

If I’m going to get both DVD’s, I would rather get them the same time to minimise shipping costs.

I am about to order the DVD.
Having looked several times at the subjects covered I see no mention at all of lighting or lights or how to set them up. The topic of lighting is not in the titles.

Lights in Zbrush remain a big mystery to me*, so I would like to know if the how-tos of setting up lights is covered anywhere in the DVD lessons?

(*I have gone over and over the section on lights in the pdf files and get no results when I try to apply what they say)

Hello all

First of all a big thank you to meats.

This DVD is a must have if your learning Zbrush and I have learned so much from it. (I watched it all in one sitting)

2 questions,

1. What was that song called that’s on your show reel?

2. Where can I find comprehensive tips on rendering passes from Zbrush to help illustrate in Photoshop?

Thanks

First…thank you very much Meats, you answered a lot of questions I wanted to ask and filled in a lot of grey areas on how things work in ZBrush3. The DVDs are fantastic and inspiring. Realy makes me see how powerfull ZBrush3 is. I’ve watched it twice and now I’m working along to get it pounded in. This is worth far more than I payed and I hope there’s more coming I’ll buy them for sure. And thanks to all for the amazing support this forum offers to users trying to learn this software. Thanks again Meats you did a great job there…:smiley:

I recently picked up the “Zbrush for Illustration: Arm Project” based on a review in ImageFX magazine. Since the review was recent, I assumed that DVD covered Zbrush version 3. That turned out not to be the case.

That DVD is still pretty good though but I guess I will have to pick up “Intro to Zbrush 3” to cover some of the newer stuff …

Hi, Meats.

Thanks for the great video. I’ve watched it a few times. However, I don’t see a way to control the video play. How do I ‘Pause’? How do I ‘Scrub’? When I use Windows Explorer to look at your file set-up, the ‘Bin’ file appears empty. I was hoping there would be a way to open a video player like ‘Real’ or ‘Divx’ and browse to your lesson files and play them in a video player with video play controls. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

~S.~

The video is in Quicktime format. I didn’t noticed the controls until I resized my screen resolution.