ZBrushCentral

MaxPower81's Sketch Book

Awesome … kinda feels like it could fit in the Psychonauts realm … I loved that game and that style

Videos as promised.

Turntable

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/29826220?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” width=“888” height=“555” frameborder=“0” webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Sculpt

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/29826669?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” width=“768” height=“480” frameborder=“0” webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Music:
Passion Pit
I’ve Got Your Number

thanks for sharing!

:+1: nice cartoons!

Great toon man!

I think you used about every technique zbrush has available. Nice work and thanks for sharing your sculpt vid.

Yeah I was trying a lot of different things just to get a handle on a number of techniques. It’s not how I would usually do something like this (typically involving ZSpheres or a rough Maya base mesh), but I’m starting to see how some of the new tools can do things to augment the ways I usually work. Like for example, I use Project All fairly often. On Egg Man’s eyelid, I did the expected Dynamesh remesh on it after adding that hemisphere piece. But before I did, I duplicated the subtool. Then I used that to Project All my details back on, because what I was finding was that I lost the sharp geometric shapes I liked from the hemisphere if I went the Freeze Subdivisions route. It’s basically the same thing but with more control. I know I’m going to use that a lot. It’s nothing revolutionary, but it just opens up a lot of options and could be good for hard surface modeling.

Love the style. Great job!

great style …love the vids …thanks max :slight_smile:

I just started my Halloween Challenge thread, so go there for more details:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?162273-Death-Waits-Patiently

In the meantime, here’s my design for it. Sculpting this one is going to be intense.

halloween_A_02_720.jpg

very nice …i´m curious :+1:

I’m back after a regrettably long absence with a new piece!

[vv]143576445[/vv]
[vv]143575219[/vv]

Timelapse of my ZBrush sculpting process for “Canvas”. Done over the course of roughly 12 hours. The piece will be 3D printed and finally tattooed for the Elastic Output Gallery.

music:
“Fascinating Rhythm”
“Água de Beber”
“Água de Marco”
by Antônio Carlos Jobim

Wow nice work done! And interesting timelapes! How did you attach some parts of the mesh, like when you attached beard and face without losing details of the mouse? Or you just dynamesh it with very hight resolution and then Zremesh for clean mesh and sculpt ? I saw that you did the same with ears and some part of neck.

Thanks! I use a few different techniques for merging meshes depending on my mood, but they ultimately accomplish the same thing. Lately though I like to dynamesh high enough to capture all of my detail and then divide my mesh, freeze subdivisions, and then ZRemesh it, and unfreeze. It tends to work well, but there are a couple of issues that can catch you on that. First, about the time that I’m doing big fundamental combines like that, my detail isn’t super high usually, so this isn’t a big problem often, but if I have to dynamesh so high res that I can’t smooth it in order to freeze the subdivisions, then that process is a no go. Second, sometimes unfreezing subdivisions doesn’t bring back all of my detail the way I like it. In order to get around all of this, before I start this whole process, I usually duplicate the subtool so I have a backup. That way I can project all my details back on. Or, my other usual technique to combine and restore details is to again duplicate my subtool, dynamesh or ZRemesh to whatever level I like, subdivide that mesh, and project that detail using the original subtool. That’s pretty standard stuff, but if there are tight tolerances, it can lead to artifacts, often near lips or between fingers. I like to store a morph target before I project to help morph brush those problem areas back to normal in that case. So that’s why I tend to prefer the first method if it works since it tends to give me cleaner results. Hope that helps.

Loved watching your sculpting method! Great piece.

hahaha… this is great. nice timelapse too.

-r