ZBrushCentral

Maxon and Zbrush email offer to Perpetual ZBrush License?

Thanks Pixologic (is the same team still there?) for all the free upgrades over the years! I knew it was too good to last, but glad I was able to purchase R3 back when.
Those were the good ol’ days!

These are the good ol’ days!! =P

Just wondering how the new subscription system is working out for everyone (?)
now that the dust has settled (or not?).

I didn’t realize Maxon had absorbed Pixologic until
late 2022, so missed the 50% discount offer, but would not have
gone for it anyway. If I was a pro, the Maxon One deal seems
worth it, though I can imagine the price will start creeping up as do all subscriptions.

But even an old version of ZBrush, e.g. 4R7, is incredibly powerful, and 2022.0.7 will
be all I ever need…I just hope it will never stop working, and from what I’ve read,
will continue to function (forever?).

BTW, I was told by Support that you can transfer your perpetual license to someone else
for $200. Contact them for details. If I can’t use it any longer, I’d do that to give
someone a leg up. :+1:

The Macromedia bundle worked great, too, until assemilated by Adobe (aka The Borg).

I use Blender as well, but am amazed anyone would use it over ZBrush…there’s just
no comparison, imho, at least for creating details. The tools & options in ZBrush are at least an order of magnitude above anything in Blender, great as it is.
Hopefullly Blender will continue to be developed as Open Source.

Unless (God forbid!) Adobe & Maxon & Facebook & Google et al merge into one gigantic
AI amoeba, that will gobble up Blender & eat our brains! =O

Hope everyone is well & having fun. :v: