ZBrushCentral

Matt Berg's Sketchbook

d’Artbot - Yeah I need to detail his paint a lot more, i might just start over altogether.

Here’s a study of an old man…

wow, love the old man! Not sure about the wobbly nostrils (does cartilage wrinkle? then again, I’m no expert), but great job otherwise!

thanks nagulov!! great point, the nostrils are quite wobbly looking, its not that wobbly and more defined in the reference photo :slight_smile:

Heres a new head study of Kurt Barlow from Salem’s Lot:

Sculpted in ZBrush and rendered in Keyshot.

My attempt at a realism approach of Nathan Explosion from the Adult Swim show “Metalocalypse”:

This is a bust I’ve been working on during my breaks at work:

Hey guys, this is a creature bust I’ve been working on. Really focusing on flowing shapes this time. Trying to incorporate spiral shapes inspired by ferns, conches and other naturally occuring spirals.
I’m pretty happy with how the head is going but not so much the body. Do you guys have any advice on how to make him look better? I still need to refine edges and detail and texture him but just fundamental shapes-wise?

Thank you!

Hey guys, I’m trying my hand again at some ZBrush hard surface, please let me know what you think:

Hello,

I’ve been trying to do more work based on concepts, this is one based off of the Female Norn Guardian from Guild Wars 2:

nornrender3.jpg

Tried out the ZModeler tools for the armor and helmet, was pretty easy to learn and had many nice new tools :slight_smile:

I’m working on a new character model based on this amazing concept art by Georgios Dimitoru:

500254aed70995e5b91f88619a766e34.jpg

ZBrush sculpting so far. I need advice on how to make the drapery look better, and anything else you see that might make it look better please tell me!

Hello, here’s a new bust I’ve been working on: focusing on cleaner shapes, trying to get a lot of detail without being too mushy…

Hey guys long time no post, here’s a knight I’m working on based on the Dark Souls 3 elite knight armor. Here’s a quick BPR render:

12939345_10153546323375959_631316780_n.jpg

I need to work on the fabrics, will probably use alphas for the neck drapery. Sorry for the low quality image. The rest of the body needs more work, will post full body renders soon!

Got some better renders of the Elite Knight:

still a WIP needs a lot more love

Posed out the knight guy, threw him in keyshot for some quick test renders with procedural textures. Time for tweaking and more texturing…

eliteknight.34.jpgeliteknight.35.jpg

I’ve been working on texturing the knight using mostly zbrush and some photoshop, mostly polypaint and cavity map layered over metal textures. Rendered in good ol’ Keyshot. Still have a lot of scratching up and texturing to do!

eliteknight.jpg

Nice job Matt. Keep it coming.

Thanks Gabo1991,

I’ve been working on something, inspired by bloodborne a bit, especially the “Celestial Emissary” creature.

astralemissary.jpg

some quick sketches

zbrush3.jpg

zzzzbrush

A couple keyshot test renders of the skull to test materials

And a WIP render, still tweaking shaders and textures…

Creepy stuff but I like it. :slight_smile:

That is genuinely nightmarish. The materials and textures are fantastic!