ZBrushCentral

Manny's Sketchbook

Looks really cool! I really like this character Manny.
The clothes turned out great as well.

If I were to suggest anything it would be to resize/adjust the Deltoid to Biscep ratio, pects need to be enlarged, minimize the Trapezus a little, and if you want to really make him look big and tall (8/9 feet), point the clavicles upward. I’ve made an image to show you an estimation of all these changes.

[attach=267735]Butcher_Character_Review_02.jpg[/attach]

Well, that’s my 5 cents. Just an observation. Oh yeah, plump and square the fingers and tips and don’t forget the nips. :lol:

Cheers,

~MAH~

Attachments

Butcher_Character_Review_02.jpg

i think manny’s anatomy looks perfectly fine. his detailing is great. his concept is great. i wouldnt change a thing. everything else would just be nitpicking and a matter of personal aesthetic. looks amazing manny. dont worry about making changes. i think its done.

i would like to ask, though… with the wrinkles and lines in the face, did you use alphas or did you draw them? they look excellent.

Just giving feedback like he asked. Never said anything was wrong with it. Beauty of art and critic is having opinions on what we see. You see nitpicking, I see areas that, if it were mine, would adjust for my liking to have a more evolved character. He’s a Butcher. Should have nicely developed bicepts/arms. I see him as being tall, clavicles upturned is merely a personal preference. Thick hands would seem menacing, and larger pecs to give him a more full chest to add things like scars and tattoos or what have you. But, once again, this is just me. Was only making a suggestion upon my observation and Manny’s request for crits.

…and that was my critique

really loving this! very stylish sculpt and you manage to include weight on the body parts which isnt easy to do. well done buddy looking forward to seeing more of this.

Well, no use talking this further. We all see what we see.

Oh and every crit needs balance. So Manny, here are the parts that send me over to heaven:

Love everything about the clothes/folds, the back muscles, posture.
I love how you set the belly and how it hangs. He’s a Brick-****-house Butcher that loves his beer!..lol. :wink:
Especially the way his skin pulls there. Alot of people miss things like that.

Just awesome.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=“100%”><TBODY><TR><TD class=midtext>ok so for those interested in topology here’s a look

Butcher_Topology.jpg
so to answer a couple questions, the overall anatomy anatomy and proportions have been established. The reason for the seemingly slim arms and hands, is a design choice, i understand the point of view of making them bigger, but this is a path I’ve already been through. the advantage of keeping them somewhat slim is that they compliment the massive body nature of this character. It ultimately gives him that much mass because you are subconsciously judging proportions and scale against one another, I’m intentionally distorting proportions to amplify mass, lol hope that makes sence. Im happy with the proportions and anatomy of this character, but I welcome advice and crits, it is that different perspective that I’m looking for in order to judge and perhaps change my design, because I have been looking at this character for too long. :). anyway, the skin directionality and wrinkles are done manually, i find it works better since I’m creating exactly what i want, of course it takes a little longer, but in my opinion i get pretty good results. i did use alphas, but it its intention was to break up the skin, not necessarily to lead skin flow. I’m loving all the help I’m getting here. thanks guys. :slight_smile:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attachments

skinmat4.jpg

Well put and recieved.

I like it! was a bit caught up on the fingers, my first thought was that they need to be bigger and fleshier… but now I really like that they are long and narrow, makes him scary and adds to the character. :wink:

Peace

I really like it as a whole, subtle detailing on the face as well :+1:.

Great work dude~It looks great can’t wait to see your texture!:lol: And,I really like your matcap,whether you can upload it for us?:cool: THANKS!Keep it up!

Wtf, ho did you do that much changes with only one image, did you hack his pc and got the mesh ?;D

Yeah but that direction makes him feel weak and unrealistric, anyone who works as a butcher, blacksmith or other job that is demading on your hands, will have highly developed hand muscles and thick fingers, thats just how nature made us ;]
Its more that his cloths and gear dont fit his body type rather that there is something wrong with teh look you chose ;f

Cool, love it! :+1:

here is a quick sculpt, not sure where i was going with this, just plain old fun i guess. Thanks again guysQuick_Sculpt_01.jpg

Well the flow is really cool, nice weight also:+1:

Another update. almost ready to start texturing. :slight_smile:
Butcher_Character_Review_04.jpg

Wicked! Love that massive cleaver!

That last update has really brought the character out. Excellent work! :+1:

I did have an idea… maybe he could have lost the top of one or two of his fingers on his left hand. You know, the result of a couple of cleaving accidents…