ZBrushCentral

Making Hair with the Ring Primitive

okay… the sel and row options has been removed from tools>masking. this makes this action quite hard…But i don’t beleive that this way of working has been removed, anybody know of a workaround. or has the sel/row been moved to another section, if so, i can’t find it…

Those buttons and sliders havent been removed (please see the screenshot). But as far as I know theyre only available before you click on the “Make Polymesh3D” button. If you want the same mask for your Polymesh3D then, please see here(post no.3):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=67591&highlight=mask+alpha

[attach=157384]row.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

row.jpg

Well, this is a blast from the past. Good to see this technique still has some interest.

Hey guys, Well its 2010 now, I believe that thread has been open for more than five years, things cahnged inside Zbrush, I am actually using Zbrush 3.5 and the row option is nowhere to be found …
Too bad, I would have loved to try out that technique but I already spent hours trying and find this damn option and it seems like it has been removed, so please if anyone has an idea let me know.
Thanks in advance!

R

Moni-Poroni’s post shows you exactly where to look. And as she says, those settings are only available for a parametric object. That’s any of the models in the Tool palette that end with “3D” in the name (other than Polymesh3D). If you use a polymesh object, those options will no longer be available because they depend upon the mathematical uniformity that only comes with a parametric/primitive object.

imaginative :lol:

Neat idea. Here is the result i got.
[ATT=]hair render.jpg[/ATT]
[ATT=]hair render2.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

hair render.jpg

hair render2.jpg

this so cool tutorial, i like your stuff but on thing , i can’t find row in zbrush 4 r2 any help will be greate

thnks