ZBrushCentral

Make1Mesh v1.24 - plug-in for Zbrush3 (Updated 7/1/07)

I never used IUpdate before. It needs to be in the final IFreeze loop, or simply at the end of the script? I have several Loop and IFreeze sections. Can you explain better where it needs to go. Every Loop? Every IFreeze? End of script?

I’d put it as the last command within every loop that is within [IFreeze, and also as the last command within the [IFreeze too for good measure. Just use the command as [IUpdate] without specifying any values.

I’ve noticed problems with IFreeze before, particularly when interating over the Item Info slider. It only seems to kick in after a certain number of iterations, so it’s not always detected if testing lower numbers.

HTH,

Me sucede con una cadena que he hecho para un tanque, en la que el mismo objeto se repite 27 veces. No se si eso influirá. No me pasaba con la versión anterior. En cualquier caso, el plugin es maravilloso y ahorra cantidad de trabajo. Es todo un regalo, Game Master 770.

Gracias de nuevo.

i may be being dumb but i cannot get this to work :S i click the button i get this messege :

and then my model has all its subtools removed and they get added as new tools.

meh :open_mouth:

I’m posting an update tommorow, that should address some of these issues.

Wow, how did I miss this for all the time it’s been out here! LOL :smiley:

Awesome lifesaver! Thanks Game Master!
:+1: :+1: :+1:

Btw, it would merge some tools and refuse to on others. Weird. Expecting the update! :wink:

I updated Make1Mesh yesterday, but couldn’t access the ZBC. Seems they changed thier IP address.
Anyway, I hope this helps fix some of the problems people were having.

v1.23 - Bug Fixes
- Verify “Del Higher” and “Del Lower” before pressing them.
- Added IUpdate in each IFreeze and the main loop.

While the Clone method preserves UV’s and poly-painitng, it alters the original subtool names, and that caused some other bugs, which I fixed.
I also brought back the PolyMesh3D method into the ALT+Click useage, to give a chioce between keeping the Subtool names, or the extra vertex data. All useage now is only on visible Sub-Tools.

v1.24 - Bug Fixes, Updated Feature
- The Clone method changes the original names, which caused some side-effects. This update should fix them.
- Changed Alt behavior to include PolyMesh3D method.

v1.0 = :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
v1.2 = :confused:
v1.22 = :confused:
v1.23 = :confused:
v1.24 = :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:
Very nice plug-in. Thank you.

Yup - Things update’s a real goodie Games Master 770 :slight_smile:
Many thanks to you for this gem :+1:

Greetings,

I have not been able to get Multimarkers in ZBrush 3 to work like they used to. I have been investigating sub tools and looking for some answers as how to merge them and use as a replacement for Multimarkers. Many thanks again for your terrific script:)

Is this plug-in just to merge all the subtools or is it also for, after merging, to move all the subtools at the same time? In case it is also to move, I am not getting to do.

Thanks
soldier.jpg

I can answer this :slight_smile: You have some of your objects masked which is why they aren’t moving. You can’t really use topology masking for merged subtools. Instead use the lasoo to mask the parts you don’t want to move (often the simplest way is to mask the bits you do want to move and then invert the mask).

HTH,

You are right. :+1:
It is easy, but perhaps it is not so easy, depending on the case and of who is the artist, like you can see. :laughing:
Thank you.

soldier2.jpg

Actually the demosoldier’s legs are so close together that it is difficult to avoid that.

Thanks for the plug Game Master 770, that’s pretty handy dandy :+1:

make 1mesh can’t work in zb3.1

I really hope to see it soon for Z3.1 - is really usefull!

I just found out about 3.1, so I’ll have to take a look to see what’s different late next week. I’m tied up till then.

im using 3.1 and iv realy been after a tool like this. so thanks alot. however its not working for me, if it does work in 3.1, its saying “THIS TOOL HAS NO SUBTOOLS” when i have like 20 subtools…am i doing somthing worng??