ZBrushCentral

Major Zbrush (Nudity)

Well, I worked on the anathomy some more and then couldn’t resist and had to put that transpose tool to work. Wow, that works really nice! Those guys at Pixologic are wizards and know exactly what we want.

Still need to work on her hands and obviously she doesn’t have hair yet but I like the way it’s progressing. Comments are very welcome.

Cheers, M

[chickondiaz2.jpg]chickondiaz.jpg

The breasts lack realistic gravity and physics. Her support arm seems undetailed especially around the shoulder area where the muscles should be most tense as it supports her body.

But you’re doing well, though.

Cheers,
Revanto :stuck_out_tongue:

You are so right, Revanto. Those titties should hang :slight_smile: And I worked on the support shoulder. Great comments! I also re-posed her other arm to make it a bit more natural. Experimenting with rendering a bit but nothing too earthshattering for now. First get the model like I want it. Tomorrow or the day after hopefull some hair. But for now…

Gr. M

[diaz_04.jpg]diaz_05.jpg

Wow, what a pose Maxim! Love the cloth as well. As I’m just starting to learn a bit about anatomy I can’t help you much. Only insticts: I feel here left belly/hip curve looks a bit unnatural; maybe some more folds of skin/fat would help. Further I thought the left hand and foot looked a little tense/cramped. Maybe you can relax them some more?
I love the changes on the supporting arm; it really looks like it’s taking some weight to me. :+1:

Keep working on it; will be great!

Getting late but had to at least show something with the hair. I relaxed the left foot a bit and also worked a little bit on the hand. Again it feels more natural (thanks plakkie!) Then I made hair strands in Maya and sculpted those in Zbrush. Not nearly done but It’s starting to come together (I think :lol: ) I need more detail in the hair and found that when I render the model from different angles there is still some work to be done on the right shoulder and arm. Definitly some work left on the hands and the blanket under her needs some looking after. Oh well, keeps me busy.

Off to bed for me… M

[diaz_hair_01.jpg]diaz_hair_03.jpg

Attachments

diaz_hair_02.jpg

Nice work. Really like this last one.

Shows improvement from your ealier posts (I mean that as a compliment, as I too would hope the same could be said of mine :))

I like that the breasts appear to have weight and are affected by gravity. There are many “implant” models on ZBC :rolleyes:

Keep-up the good work and keep posting.

Such an improvement from the last version! Way to go Maxim. :+1: Fascinating hair; good job on it. Are you going to add more strands (thinner)?

About her right shoulder: I tried the pose myself (I’m not a model or a woman though :laughing: ), and my right shoulder goes up (zoals wanneer je je schouders ophaalt, maar dan met een schouder) when I put my weight on it, and I relax in the pose. When I push myself up the shoulder is going down, like your model has right now. Do you want her to relax in the pose, or have some muscle pushing in it? I like the dynamic of this version (the strain in the right arm), but maybe total relaxation would also work, I don’t know.

2 cents back :smiley:
Cheers,
Plakkie

Love this, great work. My only real problem is her left hand (resting on hip), looks a bit large and masculine, and should perhaps look more relaxed, fingers less curved. Having said that it’s a better hand than I could manage…

keep it up!

OK, one more tip and don’t hate me for this cos it might seem picky. Firstly, your new versions look better.

OK, so as she is leaning on her right arm the right shoulder should hinge up a bit. The thing most people in CG either as hobbyists or pros don’t consider is that the shoulders hinge up/down and forward/back. If you’ve ever seen some of the slowmo CG shots for the Matrix, you’ll see what I mean about the pros “not getting it”… It’s funny how they call themselves pros when they can’t get the simple shoulder thing right…

Sorry, I’m ranting…

The trick is when you are posing any human figure is to imagine the movement yourself. It’s kind of a mental trick where you become aware of your own body and how the muscles and bones would interact to give you the correct position for your 3d model.

Anyway, keep up the work and best wishes on future projects.

Cheers,

Damn, Guys, with these comments I might actually make something worthwhile for a change!

Elixer - I have been doing graphics for 8 years and every time I think I make something nice it’s eclipsed by something I make later. So yeah, I take that as a compliment, means I’m getting better right :wink: Thanks! (And who needs implants)

Plakkie - Well, I put myself upon my couch and did a little modelling myself :o And what do you know, turns out you were right earlier about the belly/hip curve so I put a little fat there. Makes it more realistic straight away. As for the shoulder, I like it with strain as well since (as Revanto pointed out earlier) her waight is supported by that shoulder

Revanto - wgich brings me to your lates comment. Not hating it! You are again so right and I knew this! The collarbone moves up. In the same modelling session on my couch it was very clear. I moved it up (had to redo a little of the hair but that was just tweaking) and it looks way better (well I think) don’t know if you can see it because of the hair but it’s moved up :smiley:

And Last but not least Slashpot - As I looked at it I could see the hand being slightly too big. Damn there is a lot of subtlety to a woman. So I scaled it a bit smaller. Might work on the fingers a little later.

Thanks once again these comments really helped. I’m going for breakfast and then I’ll back later, detailing the hair.

Cheers, M

[diaz_hairB_01.jpg]diaz_hairB_03.jpg

Attachments

diaz_hairB_02.jpg

That’s looking good!! So much more weight to it now. Amazing. Doing the pose yourself was the smartest thing to do I think. :+1:
Let’s see… I wonder about the belly below the navel. Maybe it could use some fat there? Right now it looks a bit stretched and transposed, but maybe that’s how it naturally is (wish I could check it with someone :wink: ).
I don’t know, but I find leaning on my right arm without the fingers stretched and flat on the ground very unconfortable. It looks like she had her fingers curved? Try it out.
The fingers of her left hand look like they are scratching something to me. :laughing:
Maybe the underarm should rest on her thigh? Or else she looks like she is about to reach for something, which is cool, but we can’t see what she would be reaching for. The current pose for the left arm/hand is quite dynamic, maybe you want to keep that…

Stunning how this is improving. I’m all inspired to work harder on my own characterproject! :+1:
Cheers,
Plakkie

Thanks Plakkie, I’m happy with my progress as well. As for her hands… Yeah I need to work on those. For now I’m happy with them though and worked on the hair. Thank you lazy mouse!! Amazing tool. Just a little update. Time to do something else with the rest of my weekend…

Grtz, M

Oh and might I add that all the comments really inspired me, I love this forum. Trying to give as much as I take :smiley:

[diaz_hairC_02.jpg]diaz_hairC_04.jpg

Attachments

diaz_hairC_03.jpg

She looks uncomfortable. Reminds me of Leia in Jabba the Hutt’s audience chamber. Perhaps you might wanna look into that.

Otherwise, Yeaowza! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

And that’s exactly what I’m going for, feureau. Cool, I had that image in my head when posing her. There might be chains later I’m undecided.

M

Added the chain, redid the blanket (which seems to be floating for some reason?) and the pillow. Added some jewelry and finished detailing the hair. I’ve got a plan for what I want to do for her surroundings but it’ll have to wait (untill tomorrow at least)

Cheers, M

[offthechain_01.jpg]offthechain_02.jpg

coming along very nicely… ill hopefully get an update to my thread at the end of today… and maybe start posing tommorow…

gj man keep it up

Damn,this thread is really going in the right direction,fantastic work…
cal

That chain gives it a dimention I didn’t see before, but now it’s there it really fit’s into place! Great twist, now we are starting to feel sympathy for her. Maxim, great move. :+1: :+1:

Wow, you are doing really well!There are two more things that I would suggest.

1. Here left thigh needs a bit more volume around the sides. When the knee bends, the long muscles in the thighs contract and become thicker. At her current knee pose, it doesn’t need to be much, just a bit wider/thicker at the thigh.

2. Because the left shoulder is rotated back, the pectoral muscle should be lower along the rib cage and pulled back more. This should also affect the volume of the left breast slightly. This may be difficult to see for yourself but if you get some nice playboy pictures of girl in a similar pose, you will see what I mean.

Anyway, you are doing really well. You should be very proud of yourself.

Cheers,

Hey everybody,

Well, it’s been a while. Funny how life can just take over. But I’ve been busy the last few days. I wanted to continue with my chained up girl :smiley: But this little guy had a life of it’s own. It’s all rendered in ZBrush, with a little post in Photoshop. All the tubes etc. were modelled in Maya and then brought in to ZBrush as OBJ’s. I had fun making it, hope you guys like it. As always, comments are welcome. Now it’s back to my girl and finish that one.

Cheers, M

[Alien_single.jpg]Alien_total.jpg