ZBrushCentral

Magbhitu's Gallery

@Lateralus - hey here’s to belated thanks.

painting over sculpts.

keibhate4web2.jpgkeibhate-demo4web1.jpg
thanks to the stock provider Chonastock

daoist4web1.jpgdaoist4web2.jpg

Oh wow!
This is neat, you are ZBrushing over photographs? I’m totally confused but it looks great!

thanks MealeaYing — zbrushbrush over photo’s? – more like compositing.

i just popped the photo in a layer over top the zbrush sculpted head in PS with transparency on and erased till it blended. i use a big soft eraser brush and go slow. once it’s working - i bring the whole image into artrage and do some painting - in this case i hit the hair a lot and used a pallet knife tool to smear things together around the edges and water color brush to paint shadows where needed. – then back in the PS for any final touchups and export. For the Chinese gent - no photo just Z and paint.

Ohhhhh…

Wow I had no idea!
Very cool!

I have ArtRage and do not use it as much as I should, its a terrific program

used DAZ to pose this guy, which brings back into Zbrush low poly. Then i used the displacement map from the original high poly to get the detail back. quicker than rigging elsewhere by far.
swordpose4web2.jpg

homage to [FONT=lucida grande]Pascal Blanché

blanch_omage4web2.jpg

Wow! I would love to see you apply this style to a character with in a scene or cool background. This is a real good comp because of your unique style and vision!

thanks fivewingedangle — humm… this was just test on a quick under 3 hour sculpt. i really like this high contrast stuff Pascal Blanche does. Did you see the tutorial Pascal posted on his top row thread?

here’s a landscape coming out of vue11 that is highly Photoshoped and painted. the towers and the strange pillars are from zbrush of course.

alien dharma master
dharmamaster4web2.jpg

Magma Spawn from the Ancient Beast project http://ancientbeast.com/ based on concept art (lineart) by Kathy Zalecka, and color concept by Gabriel Verdon

Zbrush render with Artrage additions.

mscomic_layout4web3.jpg

Nice thread. I like what you did with the Magma Spawn!

zbrush and artrage gazmage4web2.jpg
raw sculpttakgazhead_render2.jpg

hey man! nice sketchbook! lots of interesting arts happening in here! whats this artrage you use for post effects? looks like fun!

hey Lord-Samuel! - thanks for checking my gallery out.

Artrage is great natural media paint program. It’s kinda like corel painter but not as clunky - http://www.artrage.com/

ps i’m aka John Haverkamp - i was giving you some feedback on yer hellhound in Lunchcrunch yesterday

Yahh I thought it was you :slight_smile: but wasn’t 100% sure so I didn’t want to just call some random guy John :stuck_out_tongue: haha - love the expression you put in your art man, keep it up! also thanks I’ll check out this artrage. looks like fun!

lunchcrunch with some PS compositing + painted eye dragonrender4web1.jpg

wigglerpaintering4zbc1.jpg
artrage watecolor tinting after the Z render

goat_4web1.jpg
zbrush sculpt then artrage sketch overtop