ZBrushCentral

Macros stopping after certain actions

Im running into some problems with my macros.
There seem to be certain actions after which they do not continue.

For example an fbx import or doing an unwrap:

[IPress,Zplugin:FBX ExportImport: Import]

and

[IPress,Zplugin:UV Master: Unwrap]

Does anyone know a workaround or fix?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, there are problems with trying to run plugins from macros, or any macro/plugin/zscript from another macro/plugin/zscript . This is because only one zscript can be active at a time, so once you call the FBX plugin from your code, control passes to the plugin and your code ceases.

What’s needed is a special version of the plugin which will pass control back to your zscript when it has finished. I’m working on one for UV Master which you are welcome to test if you wish. (I’m not yet working on FBX but that is possible.)

HTH,
Marcus

1 Like

This would be perfect and I would be happy to test your custom UV Master Unwrap script, as I have the exact problem with a script I made. I had to separate the two scripts after the Unwrap, because it wouldnt keep running, so now I have to press one Macro, wait and press the next. It still works, but is suboptimal.

Another question I have is, how can I then run two macros with a macro?
[IClick,Macro:Macros:Misc:macroA]
[IClick,Macro:Macros:Misc:macroB]

will only run macroA for me. How can I give back control to the original macro?

Thanks!

ps: your answers have helped me a lot so far in the forum. thank you for that.

Hi @Philip_Hartmann , what you can do if it a plugin that you have the source code, is what I did here :

or here :

Hi Marcus, i d like to help you testing your plugin, so if you send it to me i can provide some feedback :wink:

Nicolas