ZBrushCentral

Looking for any advice or help with long term problem Curve Brush / Zspheres

Hello! I’m not really sure exactly where to begin or how to format this to make any sense so if you have any questions please ask.

In short i’ve been trying to figure out an appropriate workflow to convert to 3D modeling from my traditional sculpting. I’m mainly a reptile artist and for almost 2 years now i’ve been fighting to find the best way to create snake models in zbrush.

I’ve tried a lot of different methods to try to create a model that I could work into different poses most recently I was attempting to make a t-posed model that I could then zsphere into different poses as needed. Issues with that led me to look for a more streamlined approach which brought me back to Curve brushes (which I had tried at the beginning of this journey) this time however with tri-part brushes. I’ve finally got a rough model working as a tri brush but i’m now realizing why I moved away from Curve brushes originally which was the stretching of the texture along the form.

I understand this is probably not very clear and I’m really sorry about that, its been a long long fight with this and I can’t remember what I tried that half worked or didn’t. I’ve watched so many videos, tutorials, read numerous threads. If anyone can point me in a direct for what would be the best approach, perhaps someone with experience doing it themselves, or even just helping me realize which approach I should stick with I would be forever grateful.

I just want to get to a place where I am actually creating things.
Dee

I’ve posted some infoin the past on ZBC to questions on modeling a snake. Perhaps these links will help.

Ways to model a snake

Visual of snake mesh showing curve from framing polygroups

1 Like

Hello Tobor8man!

I had actually found your post where you showed your snake that you were working on, I couldn’t find a way to DM you so I posted hoping you’d reply. Would it be okay if I messaged you with some other questions regarding workflow? I’ve been stuck trying to figure this out for so long that I would be willing to see if we could work out some form of monetary compensation for your help.

Dee

Sure, DM is fine. However just to be clear, I’m just a hobbyist. I ZBrush because I like it, it’s fun and I hope to get better. I’m happy to try and help so let’s start there.