ZBrushCentral

Landscapes L51

Great work! Obviously a neo-surrealist fan :slight_smile:
The Jacek Yerka - snails & mushrooms take is nice, but the 1st and last piece are fab!

How do you do these?

well done, great personality:+1:

Great stuff! Seen most of it on your deviantart gallery, but somehow forgot to add you to my watched deviants - now rectified!

Would be interesting to see a little about your workflow.

Glad you are crazy :+1: :+1: :+1: Real nice work!

Unbelievable Work, Thumbs up:+1:

sketch
HRGTr_13

Darnā€¦ the great images keep comingā€¦ are you inventing all this, or does your planet really looks like thisā€¦ :slight_smile: :+1: !

Looking great! Iā€™m waiting for updates!

L54 is my favoriteā€¦ absolutely incredible! H.R. Giger, move over. :+1:

How did you achieve that look, especially the texture?

This might seem a little odd, but i have had this images in my head for almost one year, trying to make some 3d models from them for a project iā€™m working on (for almost a year :D) ā€¦ it seems just like you took them right out of my headā€¦ i stood in awe and then trembled with fearā€¦ weā€™ve tried programming procedural city tools, greebles, and late night sculpting sessions in the work to make an entire city in this visual styleā€¦ but never ever thought of zbrush

AMAZING !

Simply Amazingā€¦

You know,

I love giger, heā€™s been one of my favorite artists my entire life. But I started to grow out of him a few years back, as his obsession with industry/sex/demonology started to just feelā€¦ juvenile, or possibly even perverse. Like he really couldnā€™t get past something in life that kept dragging him to this dark place.

Dare I say I feel like you, while inspired by (gotta all start somewhere) what he started, have actually done what Giger could not do and grown up. Iā€™m very excited to see where you grow with these pieces and themes. I feel like what you have done takes on a grander and more majestic feel that giger, and alot of it still has some link to our world. Itā€™s easier to relate.

The wall piece with the doors actually makes me think of a location that could exist in the Bladerunner universe. The side of some monolithic recycled building in a mile high L.A.

Just vary the theme inside the theme like you are doing now. At some point Giger just got too attached to everything being a ***** or a cathedral, etc. It does get old.

Great work, and hope to see more from you. Very inspiring.

Cheers

Gutalin
Most excellent works.
THe fine details on surfaces delight the visual sense.
I feel awed by the clarity of the scenes.
Such depth of detail makes me wonder where you found your inspiration for these renders?
May your imagination keep you free, to continue amazing us!

So whatā€™s with this ā€œAVG has detected known threats on this site. It is a known phishing site.ā€ ā€¦on deviantart???

Gutalin, your work is just so good I may wreck my computer to see more of it.

FANTASTIC!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Masterpieces coming. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Gutalin, your work itĀ“s amazing. The sense of depht and detaill is incredible. I don get how you can do this. Are just flat ilustrations or you can fly between this huge buildings?
Great work!

FelixCat

stunning work, ive never seen zbrush used like this, i would love to see a tutorial. :+1:

ā€¦are brilliant! :+1:
Bravo: top menu in no time! :+1:
Beksinski and Peter Gric feeling!

At zbc it was an an lanscape artist like you Daniel Sandner :wink:

Have happy Zbrushing! :sunglasses:

Gutailin, you have learned a skill with Zbrush that few can matchā€¦

Will you, please, just TELL us a little about how you make the surfacesā€¦we donā€™t want to copy your work, just learn from a master.

My humble thought now is that you first make a flat painting, then convert it to an alpha, then apply the alpha as a base and sculpt on topā€¦as many layers as your mind desires.

@Frenchy: thanks for the link to Daniel Sandnerā€™s trailblazing use of ZBrush years ago. Very interesting. Been lurking here for years and never saw any of his stuff before. Thatā€™s one of the few problems with ZBrushcentral - itā€™s so easy to miss threads. Oh, and whilst I remember Frenchy, itā€™s you that I owe thanks to for the pointer to (on the 'other apps/freebies thread), and my subsequent purchase of MOI - so thanks!