ZBrushCentral

Kutsuki Puzzle PIKO Environment Art

A6_Buildings_collage_ZBrushCentral.jpg

Area6_Terrain_1080.jpg

for high res, click here

This is by far my favorite, out of all the areas i have done in Kutsuki Puzzle Piko. Probably for no other reason than I am a sushi/sashimi lover!

Unlike the previous bright and colorful areas, Area 6 has a quiet and peaceful zen-like atmosphere. I love the concept the moment i saw it. The biggest challenge here is the Miso Soup Sea. The clusters of residues is very tricky to get it look right, and the layers of transparency took a longer than usual rendering time. i am just glad all the effort pays off.

All the buildings in Area 6 are modeled and painted in 3DS Max and Zbrush. Concept art by Ian Ho.

Below are the close up test renders and ZBrush original model renders.

A6_EbiSushiYa.jpgA6_EbiSushiYa_ZBrush.jpgA6_EbiSushiYa_ZBrush_Grey.jpg

A6_ChawanmushiYa.jpgA6_ChawanmushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_ChawanmushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

A6_SanmaSushiYa.jpgA6_SanmaSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_SanmaSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpgA6_IkaSushiYa.jpgA6_IkaSushiYa_ZBrush.jpgA6_IkaSushiYa_ZBrush_grey.jpg

A6_MaguroSushiYa.jpgA6_MaguroSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_MaguroSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpgA6_SakeSushiYa.jpgA6_SakeSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_SakeSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

A6_OtoroSushiYa.jpgA6_OtoroSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_OtoroSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpgA6_TamagoSushiYa.jpgA6_TamagoSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_TamagoSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

A6_IkuraSushiYa.jpgA6_UniSushiYa.jpgA6_UniSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_UniSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

A6_KaniWokYa.jpgA6_KaniWokYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_KaniWokYa_Zbrush_grey.jpgA6_UnagiSushiYa.jpgA6_UnagiSushiYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_UnagiSushiYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

A6_OChaChaYa.jpgA6_OChaChaYa_Zbrush.jpgA6_OChaChaYa_Zbrush_grey.jpg

hey everything looks great, especially the macha! how did you get it to look so nice and bubbly??

Hi MattBerg, Thank you very much!

i placed actual hemispheres with transparent shader for the bubbles :slight_smile:

ZBrushForum_OCha_Reply.jpg

Zeus_All_Rank1080.jpg

Although the bulk of my work on this game is environments, i helped out on some character work as well. i am no character artist so my special thanks to Giovi Lee and Jose Cua for their valuable inputs.

Zeus concept credit: Jose Cua

Zbrush screen captures below:
Zeus_Rank2_ZBrush.jpg
Zeus_Rank3_ZBrush.jpg

Hermes_All_Rank1080.jpg

Hermes under the Greek God series with 2 upgrade ranks. Head model is modified from the shared basic head model by Jose Cua. Special thanks to Giovi Lee for his valuable inputs on lighting and shader.

Hermes concept credit: Dan Shareza
Hermes_Rank2_ZBrush.jpg

Hermes_Rank3_ZBrush.jpg

Ares_All_Rank1080.jpg

Ares under the Greek God series with 2 upgrade ranks. Special thanks to Giovi Lee for his valuable inputs on lighting and shader.

Ares concept credit: Ian Ho

Ares_Rank1_ZBrush.jpg

Ares_Rank2_ZBrush.jpg

Ares_Rank3_ZBrush.jpg

Kraken_Rank1.jpg

Kraken is the last piece of work i did for the game.

concept credit: Ian Ho

Kraken_Rank1_ZBrush.jpg

Kraken_Rank1_Grey_ZBrush.jpg

A12_Terrain1080.jpg

This is the last area done for the game. It is my favorite but it did not make it to the game before it got shutdown. It has a Chinese food theme which stands out from the rest of the areas. The popular Singaporean dish Chicken Rice is also featured.

Technically, the translucent and oily quality of the sauce is a challenge. The translucency is mainly a time consuming process of test rendering. As for the layer of oil, it is achieved by compositing different passes of a tileable oil image applied to a few different channels.

Another challenging task would be the cloth. The cloth sim in 3DS Max provided a decent base model for me to work on in ZBrush. The cloth sim for the biggest piece on the main platform took me quite some time before getting it right.

concept credit: Ian Ho/Jose Cua

A12_Terrain_Grey1080.jpg

A12_Buildings_collage_ZBrushCentral.jpg

A12_SiaoMaiHouse_Combo.jpg
A12_AlmondJellyHouse_Combo.jpg

Thank you for viewing this thread!

Bye Bye Kutsuki Puzzle Piko! Bye Bye Dreamrocket! RIP!