ZBrushCentral

The Mandalorian and Kuiil from the Mandalorian

Hi guys,

I absolutely love the Mandalorian series. I wanted to start a sculpt of Kuiil the Ugnaught. Below is an early WIP, just finishing up general proportion stuff now and am moving on to secondary detail.
Latest WIPs:

Older:

He has spoken :wink:

9 Likes

No details sculpted yet. Just wanted to do a quick color check with the new proportions :slight_smile: He’ll look nice, grizzled and grimy the next time you see him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A little bit more work on skin detailing. Still messing with the material set up.

Moving on to the goggles, straps and hat next.

3 Likes

Kuiil progress. The head, hair, goggles, hat, ear pieces and goggle strap are done :slight_smile:

On to his clothing/cloth!

3 Likes

A little more cloth progress :slight_smile: Lots to do still.

2 Likes

More Kuiil progress. Bunch of cloth assets done. Still plenty to do (mostly his boots and smaller wrinkles and seams).

1 Like

Last Kuiil update for the day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some more material progress. Getting to a place where I am happy with the overall look and feel of the materials in KeyShot.

Going back into the face to add some micro detail now :slight_smile: Fun!

2 Likes

looking forward to new updates this looks great so far

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Close to calling my 3D model of Kuiil done!

I made a whole bunch of proportional changes (most of which may not be so apparent - but I definitely think it helped the likeness) particularly to his face.

I still need to sculpt all of the cloth seams and work on his shin guards. He needs also still needs some color refinements and some overall dirt/grime.

Once I finish up those elements, he’s good to go!

2 Likes

Here’s a quick color render of the posed version of Kuiil. I did a bit of polypainting but haven’t adjusted my lighting to match, so the lighting is a bit harsh in this image. But it’s still cool to see him posed with color :wink:

1 Like

Some more color work. Going back in to add pose-specific cloth detail. Also, I’ve been putting off the boot covers :stuck_out_tongue: Time to get those done! Almost there!

2 Likes

Also love the show on my 3rd watch. Great job looks very good likeness, mouth closed looks more natural, I think you got that top lip right haven’t gone to reference it was just first impression. Are you going to print it.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I definitely will be printing it :slight_smile: Will be closing the mouth for the print, but I wanted to be able to have the option to open it :slight_smile:
Toying around with the idea of animating him whilst riding a Blurrg.

I started working on Mando too! Super early days still :slight_smile:
I am going for the full Beskar armor, so basically the way it looked by the end of season 1.

This is the way

1 Like

This is so awesome. Any change I can get a STL of where he is standing with the “I have spoken”? I really want to print this for my daughter, she loves th Mandalorian and I already printed Baby Yoda for her.