ZBrushCentral

Ken Brilliant Lesson 3 - Membrane Curvature

nice work all !! :+1:

Digit great idea ! :slight_smile: nice pict :+1:

Great tutorial Ken! :+1:

Awsome membrane images too, everyone! :slight_smile:

Ya, this is some great stuff. Really helpful for my next project, dare I say it?.. yet another dragon :slight_smile:

Really cool results. Love those bird wings

Great tutorial Ken, now maybe my attempts at birds will come out a bit better :roll_eyes: All the responces are great, too. I particularly like yours, Digits, both creative and pleasing to the eye! :+1: :+1: :+1:

some very kewl and different experiments going on hereā€¦I like them alotā€¦a seriously bunch of creative minds at work :+1:

Maybe I missed a step or something but Iā€™m having a little trouble. I mean, I made the bird fine. Looked pretty good. Had to set the membrane setting to about 63 to get it the way I thought it should look. 100 made the membrane too much I think. Then I created the adaptive skin. It looked good. Then I created a new document and redrew the new bird. But when I try to modify the mesh, it seems to respond too well. Iā€™ve set the draw size down to 1 and z-intensity down to one as well. (Not sure if thatā€™s what itā€™s called) but even then the detail that I can add isnā€™t as fine as Iā€™d like it to be. I did divide the model once and smooth it. I even shut down ZBrush and restarted it incase I had changed some setting I wasnā€™t remembering. So what am I missing? Thanks.

you may need to divid the mesh, or portions of it again. Look at the wireframe as see how dense it is. That will determine the amount of detail you can put it. Adaptive meshes usually produce lower polygon results, so you need to add geometry if you really want to put a lot of detail in the mesh.

Post your wireframe model image if you are uncertain

I went back and tried it again, the next day and it seemed to respond a little better. The mesh wasnā€™t quite so sensitive. I was able to pull on it, etc. Adding detail with zadd on and the pointer tool? (not sure if thatā€™s the correct name.) wasnā€™t as refined as I would have liked even with the draw size and the z-intensity set to one. I wasnā€™t sure how to make a ā€œdotā€ image of my model to post. I turned on dots and got one of those multicolored meshes, but it only showed up when I was moving the model. Now that I think about it, I probably do need to divide the mesh some more.

Oh, yeahā€¦

One other question. How do you make that bump like texture that shows on the bird? I tried using an alpha brush in the texture master and I would have a bump, but when I picked it back up, the bump would be gone.

I donā€™t know if you are referring to my ā€œbirdā€ image, but all the bump detail was done with 2.5 tools after the model was dropped to the canvas

Yes, I was refering to your bird image. Thanks.

Truly,
For Ken Brilliant
:wink:

I havenā€™t used the Membrane Curvature but my Wing is relative ok.:lol:
The Picture from the side:

[attach=111199]user_img-opR5y4Asmx_fluegel2.jpg[/attach]
But from the top it isnā€™t so good.

This tutorial didnā€™t explain how to make the actual membrane:S