ZBrushCentral

Jordy's zbrush student endeavors!

Yo!

@marrakech: Thanks for the feedback man! You are totally right, ill take it into account for the next one, or if i ever finish this off.

Today at school I had another try at sculpting a model from life. It was around 3 hours and a bit. Came out way better then last one because im getting more used to starting a model. Just have to go for the volumes way quicker than i usually do. Some areas are still really wonky like the legs and feet so hopefully next time im even faster and can get that stuff a bit better as well! I also recorded a timelapse for any of you who might be interested!

Been a while but i’m back! Had a bit of a burn-out due to game uni and just too much stuff going on in others courses that were not related to sculpting. But I’m feeling all refreshed and ready to pickup my sketchbook again. Most of my other non zbrush related courses are now over and I finally have the time to be sculpting most of the time. I’m currently specializing in character concepting and am using a lot of zbrush to do so. over the coming months i’ll be designing 3 characters from Steven Erikson’s Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

anyways here are 2 sketch pages i did beforehand!

AnomanderRakeThumbnails01Malazan.jpg

HeadThumbnails01Malazan.jpg

I am now doing some concept sculpts in zbrush. here is the first one and i got 2 almost done which i will post shortly. Probably will paint over them in a Bryan Wynia inspired style.

Speedsculpt01_FB.jpg

Regards,

Jordy

Man i love those sketch variations some artists do, i always find it fastineting how many ideas some can push into similar designs ;f
The bust is also great

awesome sketchbook . like your style

Awesome concepts, and great stuff!!!

Great work! Love to see where you take this! one of my favorite characters from a novel, and I’d say your getting him pretty close to how I imagined him!

hey nice sketches! (I love 2d’s too):+1:

damn nice sculpts… u r doing grrrt buddy specially at this age…
Keep Rocking

saw the thumbnail lol pro :smiley:

@slocik: Thanks man! I love looking at these kinda sketches as well. It’s a really interesting and struggling challenge to come up with multiple variations but very fun!
@pabgo: Thanks man you got some very cool work yourself!
@AdrianP: thx!
@SammehSamurai: Cheers man! These books are awesome definately one of my favourite characters as well.
@Uber: thanks!
@Rohitsingh.bhui: Thanks man! Appreciate it.
@euge_zbc: go post your stuff man!

Hi guys,

Did my very first Bryan Wynia inspired sketches. I love his approach (and his work) and it was really fun to do. Was doing some variations on my 2 head bust for anomander rake in photoshop. Also fun to paint again. Also a few hour blocking of the guy’s body. A bit wonky still here and there but it’s WIP want just keep posting more regularly so here ya go!

X2u2gFP.jpg

Love them all. I would go with the last from the top in the first image (flaming style hair) and from the second image I like the 3 from the second row. beard and horns! Very inspiring all of them! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Sup guys!

Bit of a random update today. First of is a 45 min doodle done in a multiple of 5 min sessions. I was at the open day of our game school and i was demoing some zbrush everytime some visitors walked by. 2nd is a 45 minute spitsculpt that is probably around an hour (shhh) heavily inspired by Leslie van den Broeck. Lastly some quick armor sketches and paintover for the armor I’m designing for Anomander Rake.

Enjoy.

C8BwCH6.jpg

So… more than 45min ey? ahah ;D
Very cool armor’s man

The character is getting really good, looking forward for more.