ZBrushCentral

Jean Marcel - Studies

Hahah! This is a good lady for my last character))))

Thank you so much guys!

Obriy :o hahaha nice!

she’s great :slight_smile: love the stretch expression!

Intervain Thank you! It’s my favorite too! :smiley:

Looks great!!

Stunning! How did you handle doing the expressions? Layers?

Your work is very inspirational~ :slight_smile:
Any tips on doing expressions in zbrush? Do you do it zbrush or do you rig the face with joints in Maya or somthing then bring it back zbrush?

beautiful work

​Thanks guys!

LynneMitchell and IrisHeart everything was done in Zbrush, I just sculpted, no specific tool was used. Basically move and 2 ou 3 more brushes.

The native headdress isn’t typically worn by females and was only worn by an elder or a male of a tribe who earned the honor through acts of courage or their works of service to their tribe. I’m just letting you know this will probably be seen as offensive to Native Americans. Even more so since nothing about her face looks native American.

@steve33
Jean is modeling his work off of Carlos Luzzi and is doing an excellent job in the artistic aspect.

As for stereotypes and appropriate portrayal, I think this is something concept artists need to be aware of, not to criticize Luzzi as I do not know if this is based off of commercial work. On this note since I believe Carlos is a f/t professional there may be a story behind the character or perhaps there was no time for him to seek out cultural appropriation.

In addition, there were exceptional females who wore headdresses and men’s clothing.

Bíawacheeitchish, literally named woman chief
And Running Eagle, who wore traditional Men’s clothing because of her excellence in battle.

In any case, there is always more time to encourage awareness and only a little more than 50 years ago we had cartoons like Coal Black and de Sebben dwarves aired without censorship. Change will happen with awareness and an open forum for discussion as we are all born ignorant and innocent.

>The native headdress isn’t typically worn by females and was only worn by an elder or a male of a tribe who earned the honor through acts of courage or their works of service to their tribe. I’m just letting you know this will probably be seen as offensive to Native Americans. Even more so since nothing about her face looks native American.

Maybe she’s from a tribe where women were allowed to wear them. Maybe she earned it and was bestowed the special privilege.

I love this character, great job on it, the form reads really well and you nailed the appeal.

By the way, what did you use to render this shot in particular? If it is ZBrush, which shader/matcap did you use?

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=503796

Anyhow, great job!

Eduardo

Thanks everyone for all the comments, viewpoints and positive feedback. I appreciate that.

@Pixe, you have a good point. As for me, I followed the character as portrayed in his concept. It never occured to me, and I’m sure it didn’t occur to Carlos Luzzi, that the headdress on a female would be offensive. Anyway, it’s good to see what everybody has to say.

@BJPentecost, honestly, that was my first thought. Why not?

@EduardoMC I forgot to mention. The render was done in vray.

Beautiful, love those expressions, congrats for Top Row

Thank you @rohitsingh.bhui! :smiley:

this is awesome stuff… I had a question. How did you start this sculpt, did you start with Dynamesh or a evenly quad basemesh?

Great work.

Thank you @selahpoetic! I started with a basemesh.

Another character study, based in a concept by Cory Loftis.
http://coryloftis.tumblr.com/…/47…/prince-zorr-duke-of-chops

jean-m-oliveira-princezorr2k.jpg

Attachments

jean-m-oliveira-princezorr2k.jpg

I love this guy! Look at his gross little comb-over hairs…

Great work here. Nice, clean shapes.