ZBrushCentral

Japetus' Projects

An updated arm, I think it’s pretty much done. When I attach it to the rest of the body I"ll have to modify the shoulder joint area a bit. I noticed in the trailer that it seems they digitally removed the pistons in the arm. When you look at photography of the suits they are present…so I might end up removing mine, but I think it looks better with there so we’ll see.

Hey, that’s coming along nice, Japetus!

nice & clean meshes.very cool.:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

Big update! I’ve pretty much finished the arm, just some straps that i’ll be adding at a later date after i worked on the cloth. Also have done a lot of work on the leg and the chest piece…I’ll be retopologizing the body of the chest piece since after all my slicing and dicing left me with a lot of nasty geo, but I’m not too worried…it’s coming along and it’s only been a month! Comments and crits welcome…

suit5.jpg

Been working on wearing down my suit…I think it’s turning out pretty well so far…

chest.jpg

helmet3.jpg

very nicely done and good designed.

Question…anyone know how to remove images in your thread? I want to clean this thing up a bit…

I moved back to my Creech model for the day and tried to figure out zbrush multi-pass rendering. I feel like this guy is done for now. His pose might have been a bit more fearsome, but I’m waist deep in other zbrush stuff now and want to get him on my site.

Big update for the Edge of Tomorrow suit since the movie is coming out (or already out in some areas). Have found more photos of the suit online so I have been improving various areas. I think most of the major parts are done, but the polycount on this is a beast and I’m building in seperate ztools.
Will be a challenge getting it all into one file! 64bit zbrush would do well at this I think… :wink:

Attachments

creecher_comp01_lower.jpg

arm6.jpg

arm7.jpg

backpack2.jpg

leg2.jpg

torso1.jpg

Saw the movie and liked it a lot…since then I’ve been updating the armor and things a lot…

suit10.jpgsuit11.jpg
suit12.jpg
suit14.jpgsuit15.jpg

Oh yeah, that’s great work! Fantastic modelling skills. I’m gonna be keeping an eye on this thread.
Especially as you mentioned the amount of sub tools you are using. I’m particularly interested in how you are going to pose this guy, if at all.
My current model is pretty heavy with a lot of sub tools and i’m adding more daily. Im beginning to dread having to pose him as I’ve not done it before.
Any breakdowns of how you will go about it will be massively appreciated.

Thanks Zeclipse! Yeah this is turning out surprisingly well and I’ve learned so much in zbrush! For now I’ll be keeping him in this pose, it’s slightly better than a T-pose, at least he’s “neutral”. Basically I’m building ‘chunks’ like the arm, helmet, guns in different files and then putting them all together in the master file you see here.
When I feel like the modeleling is done, I go back and optimize the meshes best I can using zremesher and Project All. Then I do a Merge Visible and load that ztool into my project. I’m trying to keep each chuck of meshes to something resonable, like under 7 million so it doesn’t bog down too much.
I also found out about Dynamic Solo mode so when you move the model around it hides everything else, very handy for large files! I think I’m around 40 subtools in my main project file, but that will probably be a lot less in the final since I’m still working on the clothes and straps and hoses. If I wasn’t polypainting I could get away with a lot less geometry probably, and if I ever export this to something like 3ds Max I’ll have to go through and unwrap and dynmesh, ugh!
For now this method is working quite well…

I can’t believe you managed to create this after seeing Edge of Tomorrow.

How mind-boggling. Truly phenomenal and awe-inspiring work.

Great stuff

Been working his gun, which after some research seems to be a modified Scar-H…

gun2.jpg

Added more detail to the gun. Have to work on the rear sight and some other areas in the back, but it’s coming along, getting close to being done I think. This is the last of the large pieces needing to be modeled for the suit…

wow that gun is amazing!!! any chance of you doing a breakdown of your technique?

Pretty cool. I made a similar gun a while back. Here is the link https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YsKB42t5Fyw/TwPEUAUzZEI/AAAAAAAABHI/ru4i_VD0wsw/s1440/scar.png.

Nice work Razaur! I haven’t modeled a lot of realistic guns strangely or at least in a number of years…it seems to be one of the trickier ones. Nice work!

brian 20, I will do a breakdown if I can find some time, although I’m sure it’s nothing compared to how good others are here! Is there an area in particular you were curious about?

don’t sell your self short that is some nice work! I’m just curious on your general approach, if you do a lot of masking ,slicing or subtractive dynamesh stuff?

Brian, yes I do a lot of slicing and a lot of dynamesh booleaning. The rear sight I just made is a good little example of how I’ve been making the gun. I got bored with dynameshing all the time, so I used the ‘gear’ procedural mesh to create the knob shape, then circle cliped the parts sticking out down so they were flush with rest of the knob. For the main body I made a cylinder, pulled out the side and used boxes and cylinder rotated into place to cut out the shapes. For the ribbed cylinder I did radial symmetry and used circle clip again to cut little notches. The flattened cylinder above it was beveled and then cut away. The arc on the flattened area naturally occurs when you cut away a beveled cylinder.

rear-sight.jpg
I have some free time tonight so I’m hoping to finish this gun up. I’ve added more details on the side and near the back. After closer examination it looks like they kept the hinge for the folding stock but crammed the back with greebles of some sort, so that’s what I"ll be doing. It’s a bit tricky since I can just barely see it in my ref.