ZBrushCentral

IVL Sketchbook

On to the next. This guy was fun! I took the same modified skeleton that I used on the mermaids and added all kinds of devilry to it. There are bones from lots of different animals in this one…all of which had to be heavily modified in order to get them all to fit together. Horses, bison, and humans were never meant to go together this way but with good bit of tweaking and building of articular surfaces, the effect was achieved rather well; all to scale and proportionally accurate :smiley:
There was also a lot of asset creation for this scene. I’ll start with the tree and background and add in a few shots of the character build in the next post.
Once again, all the editing, building, layout, rendering etc. was done with Z-Brush and Photoshop. Final render size: 42x76 inches.

pan final edit 1.jpg
tree progress.jpg
This is about a third of the way through detailing the tree…all started with z-spheres.
tree shroom detail 1.jpg
tree shroom front 1.jpg
Hand modeled mushroom from z-spheres, just duplicated the asset for the layout. It sadly didnt make it into the final scene but I really liked the way it came out so I included it here.
tree shroom2 1.jpg red tree with shrooms2.jpg

Attachments

tree progress.jpg

Here are the rest of the assets and character design for this build plus a full frame of everything at once.

tree pan compo progress 1.jpg

assets render 1.jpg

quick pose render.jpg

quick pose render2.jpg

quick pose render5.jpg

I intially wanted his foot propped up on an old wine barrel, hence the placeholder, but I felt like it was more dynamic if his feet were just up in the air as if he was photographed in action.

Attachments

tree pan compo progress 1.jpg

assets render 1.jpg

quick pose render.jpg

quick pose render2.jpg

This little guy was a last minute afterthought. Eventually I am going to do a really classic style angel and demon layout…old testament kind of stuff…but all skeletonized (of course) :wink: I took the modified skeleton and modified it even further…added a tail, stretched out the hands, horns of course, and the wings i built from scratch with the addition of an elongated radius from an albatross.

full render composite 1.jpg
I feel like the right hand needs some work. It looked rather rigid from this angel but it looked good from any other. These models are never done in my eyes lol and I will definitely be revisiting it.

Attachments

full render composite 1.jpg