ZBrushCentral

IRC Monday Night Challenge - Insects *EXTENDED* (05-31-04 to 06-014-04)

This is my first zbrush. Still figuring out the painting controls. Sort of a weevil.

neilford

My contribution of this Monday Night Challenge:

Maked with Zbrush 2 and photoshop.

Thanks for the cool links guys…well I think thanks…I have a feeling its going to be a squirmy night of sleep…I …what’s that crawling on the wall?..aaaeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa.
:rolleyes:

Hi all I hope this links help you
http://stephenville.tamu.edu/~fmitchel/insects/gallery.htm
this link for dragonfly just http://stephenville.tamu.edu/~fmitchel/dragonfly/photo/gjs_lib.htm

140 Zspheres used.

[Gallery Entry]

Top View + Right View:

Another Material:

[Gallery Entry]

ok, that bug honestly makes my skin itch…i’m freaked out now.

Absolutely great work! …but i’m so freaked out.

That is a great bug turx. I really like all the texturing. The last texture, and the above ones. Great bug man. :+1:

A new more realistic weevil.

neilford

:smiley:

Way to Go turx! I can’t believe you managed to handle so many Zspheres that well.

Very cool bug Turx! We had a similar type of bug in our house back in Jersey. Creepy lil buggers but very pretty…

Dickie

Great Works All ! It’s an awesome job ! :+1:

other material

[Gallery Entry]

Yahoo looks like a good fresh install of windows is all I needed to upload images here. Any how I hope you all enjoy my little zroach, and please dont forget that this is not a real bug but it looks like bug to me, doing it the zbrush way :smiley: [Gallery Entry]

Kind of a beetle I think?? Anyhow here is my bug.

STEPS

Here he is or should I say here they are:

Kind of a fantasy bug I guess.
:smiley:

[Gallery Entry]

Wow way cool stuff! :eek: :eek:

Dickie…awesome model and use of material!!

Turx…way cool…love that second texture…really makes the creature ummmm icky hahahaa …real…would love to know how ya achieved it!

Vyle…holy termite Batman, where is the bugspray? a centiscorpitermite? 140 zspheres? that is patience my friend and great kudos to ya for that! I love the supreme close up texture pic too. Please post some more.

DrJJWow…You lived up to your nick…glad to see you were able to upload…wow…great texturing…can’t wait to see more!!

Northstar…Now that is the kind of bug I wouldn’t mind snuggling up to me when I am sleeping and unaware!! Love your pic of him/her! Please post more…you have been busy? As you have not been around much lately…well posting anyways…and your posts are some that I miss.

Keep up the fantastic jobs ladies and germs!

Hem,hem…Let me present you the famous Old BOB in action :slight_smile:

Le Discot, What a fun bug!! So much character.
I love the design. I like the colors too. Great work…

Dickie

Here is my little bug. I was using a labtop with very limited RAM (256MB) for this and ran out of mem. Anyway, this is my first model based on zspheres and the first I actually textured (sorry for the boring colour scheme :smiley: ). I have learned a lot doing this project and enjoyed every moment I spend on it. I might find some time tomorrow to work on different more lively colouring.

You other guys have done an owesome work very inspiring.

[GALLERY ENTRY]

nice pose on that bug, I like the lighting looks great! :cool:

Nice bug! I like it make more insects plz :smiley: