ZBrushCentral

iPhone app for alpha creation.

Thanks, hope you find some uses for it. I’m working on some new features right this second, hoping to have them up for review in a few days. Current review time is 10 days so 2 weeks and they should be ready for you to update.

Let me know if there is anything you feel needs to be added. The big one for me is a live preview of the effects.

Version 1.03 has been submitted to Apple, 1.02 should be available for you to upgrade to any day now. v1.03 includes speed improvements and fixes the bug whereby sometimes the images would not save into the apps custom images folder.

v1.04 will include some UI improvements and allow you to turn off the colour image export, and will have the ability to include a grid overlay on the preview, useful for alignment and scaling.

Any point releases after this up to v2 will be maintenance and bug fixes, all the big changes will be in v2 which I’ll be starting on as soon as v1.04 is pushed to Apple.

Hi!

I haven’t got to use your app yet (its downloading as we speak) but I wanted to say I really appreciate the effort! Most people don’t realize what it takes to make an app and something like this is very useful and most appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks Chrono, that’s nice of you to say. Apple are having trouble with the app store currently so the updates will be delayed, which is a shame. I can’t publish the latest update until they accept the previous one, which is being held until they solve the corrupted app problem.

In the meantime I will keep working on it, and I may skip a revision or two to get the updates out there ASAP.

Cheers.

A new update is up on the app store, bug fixes only.

However I’ve started working on version 2, taking the clean interface from v1 and adding everything I feel was missing:

<> Real time preview of the filters, updates as you change the settings
<> Save favourite filter chains
<> More filters
<> Extended but simplified GUI, everything you need on one screen
<> Full landscape support

Screen shots will be up shortly.

Thanks! Just downloaded, what a great idea. I’ll be sure to write a review once I use it.

Thanks, I hope you find it useful.

v2 is in alpha phase right now, will be posting screen shots of the GUI very soon. The alpha is ugly as hell, and slow because of all the debugging code in it. Work is crazy busy and that takes priority, so v2 is a couple of months away, but will be an entirely new beast. :slight_smile: Hopefully the iPhone 5 will be out, if they make an announcement soon I’ll hold off until they are released.

Here are the alpha screen shots of zAppa V2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6b47ycnc42kzaw/zAppa%20V2%20Camera.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6aonhnoeajn6r3k/zAppa%20V2%20Helpers.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d8t6w17iwly7n5/zAppa%20V2%20Sliders.png

For some reason I can’t embed images again.

These images show the look for the portrait orientation of the camera view, with quick access to the sliders and preferences. A swipe left on the camera button will reveal the ‘helpers’ menu, where you can turn on/off the grid, scale view, real time preview and access the full preferences. A swipe right will bring in the sliders under each of the available filters. Dragging left right scrolls through the filters, up and down changes the effect with a real time preview above.

Swiping left and right on the preview with one finger shows moves through the filters you have turned on and shows the effect of that one filter for a specified time. Two finger swiping on the preview pane left and right moves through your saved filter chains. You can save a rock, wall, paint etc filter cain, and get fast access this way.

Let me have your thoughts for anything you’d like to see added.

Been messing around with your app all day and getting some really cool results.

I had an idea for an app for zbrush that maybe you could do
its basically a custom hotkey keystroke button/slider interface

Like beatsurfing only for zbrush
buttons for brushes
buttons that do combos like ctrl/ shft but its only one button
sliders/faders for draw size or focal shift
customizable position layout

how difficult would you say that is?