ZBrushCentral

*** Introducing GoZ - PART 2

Simply awesome workflow enhancement, Just gonna keep my head down and get on with work to make the time pass quicker until August :wink:

Keep on bringing us these Wicked updates Pixologic!!

this is like waiting for christmas morning! it seems like its gonna be an eternity for the release date. i so cannot wait for this. :smiley:

Simply awesome! If there’s no issues in point order when working like that then this is a dream come true! I’m a mac and Maya user so I’m damn well excited. To the PC users I would very much think that Pixologic will be implementing GoZ into most major 3D apps. Including Max and XSI. Wouldn’t make any sense if they didn’t :wink:

Aaaah, I hope june comes soon :slight_smile:

cant wait for august :smiley:

To the PC users I would very much think that Pixologic will be implementing GoZ into most major 3D apps. Including Max and XSI.
there are pc users which dont use max or xsi, too :wink:

BazC,

What about your ZB 3.12B now ? Fixed or not yet ?

Nope, still not working, I’m stuck with 3.12. I’m banking on this next update!

They just can’t leave the Max users out of this fantastic workflow, right?
Is’nt that right Pixologic? ;D pleeeeeeeaaaaase?! :wink:

Thanks to pixologic for clearing up the “topology total overhaul” questions.

Now for max users: stop bugging pixo( they give the sdk, its the company owning your 3d package to use it or not), ask autodesk, maybe they will implement it in max (ahahah word: mudbox). Enjoy your goz-enabled max in 2012

Pixologic, you have saved me from my current workflow limitations. GoZbrush is a huge bridge between the limitations, and speed issued regarding the workflow between applications.

Thanks.

Relax Max users, I highly doubt studios like Epic games, Blizzard, Bioware and Ubisoft are going to want their artists to be deprived of this tool given its impact on workflow (which equals dollars saved). There will most assuredly be a max version soon. Same goes for XSI. Patience is a virtue.

MC

Wow. Very glad to see vertex count not being an issue at all, as suggested by some after the first vid. This is looking great! :slight_smile:

I’m liking that Luxology’s modo is up there in the list of supported apps. And it’ll be interesting to see if a bridge will be struck to SoftImage and Max if it is left up to AutoDesk to provide it. It could be a very very long wait indeed if that is the case.

I do share a small bit of concern about the implementation of it all with Eldee.s and wonder how it all works internally. Whether successive transfers and remapping/reprojecting of small features in particular would introduce any loss of quality. Would floating point accuracy be good enough to keep this to a minimum? We’ll have to wait and see.

Pixologic is scoring a lot of good points with me since the 3.12b release for the Mac. They seem to be communicating a lot more with their userbase through the frequent release of these videos. I hope they will keep this trend going.

Good work Pixologic! :slight_smile:

AMAZING! i was afraid the retopologising bits in maya was limited to avoid problems with the auto reproject in ZB, but it seems its madly powerfull!

cant wait to get it! tempted to stop everything im doing till its release lol

Last I checked Autodesk owns Maya as well

MC

Guys, it’s for Mac. Maya, Modo and C4D and ZBrush runs on Mac, so that’s why they are included in this video. PC version (hopefully) will introduce Max and Softimage as well. Hopefully

Technical issues will no longer be an excuse for bad quality work I guess.
Amazing.

:eek:

Pixologic is just HORRIBLE! I mean what’s a guy to do? You’ve got all of these projects demanding all of these file transfers to your other applications, but you know your truely wasting your time once you’ve got GoZbrush and all you’ve got to do is push a button . :eek: OK, I’ll stop being lazy and go and make all my transfer files (by hand). Geesh!!
Gary:D

bingo-tastic!:wink:

That is awesome! If GoZbrush manages to pull all that off without significant loss of detail, it will be a huge boon to peoples workflow. I love the ability to jump to any program you like so as to be able to leverage the unique strengths of each. It would make so many things easier.