ZBrushCentral

InsertMesh Master and ZWelder! unofficial - Information, Installation

InsertMesh Master

Change Log

v1.2: Initial Public Release
v1.4: MacOSX shortcut fix for Zbrush 4R5. Thanks to Marcus for the solution!

Notes

Once again my Zscripting knowledge is average at best; if you find any bugs or other issues please report them in this thread.

Thanks!

-Joseph

Attachments

InsertMeshMasterv1_4.zip (2.57 KB)

Hey there!, thanks for the awesome plugins. I am having and issue with micromesh and welding these coin pieces. I have tried many things, even going out and trying to weld the open edges in an external software, and cant make it work, still would love to fix this just with zbrush, I cant figure out what i’m doing wrong. So here are some images.

I highly appreciate any insight into what i’m doing wrong or overlooking. By the way I also get the error tonare mentioned before though I do have zwelder installed in ztartup/zplugs folder.

Thanks

Attachments

micromesh weld issue breakdown.jpg

micromesh weld issue placement problem.jpg

try this out that might fix your issue micro mesh hood lesson http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/lesson/military-assets-with-joseph-drust/

Yes, I tried that.

I got the same errors when I tried the plugin too…

Did you watch the whole video above about the hood?
The problem you are running into is two things I think, the first is that your object is not welding correctly because you have not used the Spin Edges trick to get everything pointed in the same direction (this is a guess on my part).
The second problem COULD be that its simply too tall (in Z relative to the center of the object its being applied to).
Bare in mind here Im kind of guessing, Im dealing with the same sort of problem. I don’t know enough about this to say any of that as fact.
Look though at the Spin Edges part of that video, its towards the end, I think that could help a lot.

Hey thanks for the reply!

I’m positive its not the spin edges, since I did know about that and tried that also. Maybe it’s the second thing u mentioned. What is really curious is that some parts do weld while others dont. I have more projects on my hands at the moment and haven’t been back to solving this. But will certainyl do so at some point.

Thanks!

Many thanks for sharing these. Very useful! :+1:

Cheers!

Really appreciate your script. Log in just to say thanks.

Confirmed: yes ZWelder works with Micromeshes. I run 4R6 W64. I tested it on a dozen different square/circular mms, no spin edge, all sticks. Only minor issue is Zwelded MM subtool won’t keep initial micromesh polygroups.

Zwelder is definitely stickier than Zbrush’s own Micromesh>Weld Points, which only welded one out of my dozen squarish micromeshes.

Zwelder is also more efficient in optimizing BPR2Geo micromeshed subtool than Micromesh>Optimising Points.

Micromeshes must be even on all 4 sides for any welding operation to work. My take on why some MM sticks and some won’t, is sizes. Too small or too big/overlapping, no vertex to cling to. X Y must have perfect symmetry. Regardless, Zwelder welded what Zbrush Weld Point failed to weld. Setting ZWelder threshold higher seems to ensure overlapping and welding success, even if it’ll lessen overall uniformity, something I can live with.

I will now test Zwelder on curve brushes and simpler operations like joining 2 polygroups.

Thanks again Joseph.

Firstly, thanks for these Mr. Drust
Question I had was if anyone has run these in the 4R7 update yet?

ZWelder
(Ver 1.8 Updated 3/22/2015)

Installation

**** Make sure you have updated to ‘ZBrush 4R7 P2’ or later! *****

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached ZWelder_v1.8_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
ZWelder will be located under the Zplugin tab.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached ZWelder_v1.8_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
ZWelder will be located under the Zplugin tab.

Change Log

v1.6: Initial Public Release
v1.7: MacOSX shortcut fix for Zbrush 4R5. Thanks to Marcus for the solution!
v1.8: Updated for 4R7 P2 x32 and 4R7 P2 x64 Make sure you have ZBrush updated to 4R7 P2 or later

Notes

Before installing this plugin for 4R7 check to see if the ‘WeldPoints’ function in ZBrush 4R7 will achieve the result you are looking for.

In ZBrush 4R7 the ‘WeldDist’ [Tool:Geometry:Modify Topology:WeldDist] slider has been increased. Changing the value and then clicking ‘WeldPoints’ [Tool:Geometry:Modify Topology:WeldPoints] may generate a better result then the ZWelder will.

-Joseph

Attachments

ZWelder_v1.8_x32.zip (38.3 KB)

ZWelder_v1.8_x64.zip (38.3 KB)

InsertMesh Master
(Ver 1.5 Updated 3/22/2015)

Installation

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached InsertMeshMaster_v1.5_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
InsertMesh Master will be located under the Zplugin tab.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached InsertMeshMaster_v1.5_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
InsertMesh Master will be located under the Zplugin tab.

Change Log

v1.2: Initial Public Release
v1.4: MacOSX shortcut fix for Zbrush 4R5. Thanks to Marcus for the solution!
v1.5: Updated for 4R7 P2 x32 and 4R7 P2 x64. Make sure you have ZBrush updated to 4R7 P2 or later

Notes

This Zplugin references a lot of UI locations in its use and may cause ZBrush to crash on some systems or when used with other Zplugins that also reference UI locations. If you experience any issues just uninstall any ‘InsertMeshMaster.zsc’ files in \ZPlugs64\ and \ZPlugs\ and ZBrush should return to working order.

Thanks for --E-- for noticing the above issue!

-Joseph

Attachments

InsertMeshMaster_v1.5_x32.zip (2.52 KB)

InsertMeshMaster_v1.5_x64.zip (2.54 KB)

Thanks Joseph!
After seeing your InsertMesh Master plugin I made a custom menu with al the same functions and gave it a hotkey :slight_smile: