ZBrushCentral

inmesh Sketch book

Here is another figure, which I worked on previously and improved on in the last two weeks.

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.55.22.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.56.09.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.57.17.jpg

Overall it looks pretty good, but the longer I look at it, the more anatomy errors I see. For example, the insertion order around the armpits is wrong, and some muscles are absent, notably teres major. The knee and the hip areas are also a bit wonky.

Your sculpting skills are fine, you just need to improve your anatomy knowledge. If you own an ios device, I’d recommend L’Ecorche, an interactive anatomy app by Michael Defeo and Scott Eaton. It’s much easier to learn what muscles go where (and even their names!) when you can rotate the figure/body part as you wish. It’s awesome, much easier than searching for the right angle on the net.

Good luck!

Thank you nagulov for your observation, I will try to correct the problems you mentioned. And also I will upload some pictures from Anatomy for Sculptors, if you look closely you will see that it isn’t anatomy errors. But maybe there should be a better definition:D

Anatomy+for+Sculptors+10.jpg

anatomy_for_sculptors_by_anatomy4sculptors-d66jo78.jpg

Thanks.

I’m familiar with where all the muscles should go, and their general shapes, but the names always escape me :S

Me too, all these Latin words makes me forget them.

Hi
I worked on some of the problems, but there is still a lot of work to be done :smiley: I began to work on texture to see what´s working and I’m fairly happy with this result. I hope you like it.

This is new version of Holger danske, I´m working on at the moment. I hope you like it.

H_Danske.jpg

Hi
This is the new version of Holger danske I’m working on at the moment. I hope you like it. Holger Danske is a Danish warrior from the 19th century. The legend says that he is sleeping, but will awake and protect, if Denmark is attacked by enermies.

HD.jpg