ZBrushCentral

Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom style)

looks way better then before, if you’ll add more detail it will be really good. :+1:

it is looking a lot better. I really like what you did with the cut on his lip and the bruise on his face. I am also liking the way you have him in the image, with the pillars. Keep it up.

Thanks adio and tintop, working on that detail :smiley:

Here’s an update with a lot of work done on the pillars and vines around him. Still need to do some work on it but I’m pretty happy with the way it’s going. Tomorrow I’m gonna concentrate on his face add much needed detail and finally nail that likeness (I hope)

[[attach=137752]end_day.jpg[/attach]]![end_day.jpg|700x1024](upload://h2lYmGv9km6BXu5idqsKtgYs3Om.jpeg)

Hope you guys like it,

M

[end_day_thumb.jpg]

Man that looks great, coming along nicely. A few critiques for the face; add the scar on his chin (maybe I can’t see it because of the image size), also on your model the bottom of the eyelids look like they are a little upturned like he’s squinting (if this is on purpose then mission accomplished, maybe because in your render he’s looking up but in the poster he’s looking at the viewer). Other than those nit picky things, great job.

Ok last update, worked on his face, sweat (hehe) and put some extra detail in the Background. I might revisit it later to put some more detail in it in the form of bugs crawling around and maybe some branches in the foreground just to add a little more depth. But for now I’m calling it finished.

Care to comment, I made a big render :smiley:

This was a fun project which gave me the chance to get up close with one of my childhood heroes.

As always,

Cheers, M

[![IndyDoom_thumb.jpg|100x78](upload://l7LcvocEEGiUH9rflCGnBu3LoIK.jpeg)]

[[attach=137891]IndyDoom_up.jpg[/attach]]IndyDoom_up.jpg

Really good.

I have one crit, his eyes!

He has a crazy strange look to his eyes, that scare me lol.

Rad. You did a really nice job on this! Great job, the improvements really paid off! One last little crit I have is the way you “posed” his left eye (the right eye in the image) makes him look a little worried…

What was your technique for the vines? I love the way they turned out!

Thanks guys! Yeah I know the eyes… Damn they are giving me some problems. i will have one more pass when I have some time. It’s that last little bit…

@Maxsunset, the vines, yeah they turned out nice right? I was pretty pleased with them myself. It’s just simple tubes I modeled in Maya then brought to ZBrush and sculpted them. Then they were rendered with displacement and a wood texture, nothing fancy really. But I’ve been using Headus UVlayout and I have to say that prohram is fantastic and gives you really nice UV’s so maybe that has something to do with it :smiley:

Cheers and untill the update! Appreciate the input.

M

Just tubes huh? They kind of looked like paint fx vines… I’ll have to give headus a try…