ZBrushCentral

Ikameka Works

really digging the Papstein zoology :+1:

some more for the Zoology

This is the Valentine Boar. Confuses and surprises its prey with the large head crest and tendrils. Called the Valentine Boar for its heart shaped hood and strong red colors prominent during mating season. Extremely territorial.

making of process for the Valentine Boar - Happy Valentines 2014 everyone!

//youtu.be/_bsGCwRc0R8

Nice job, especially that Valentine Boar, looks like something I would see on the Discovery Channel. :+1:

Hey everyone! Phoenix Atelier will be hosting my new program - Character Pipeline for Games r2!

An 8 week course following the production of this character, the Starchild. Using tools like Pixologic’s ZBrush, Maya, Topogun, Marmoset Co, and Adobe Photoshop. Daily video lessons, weekly live sessions, and full access to critiques and feedback from myself and your peers. like, share, and pre-register today!
http://www.phoenixatelier.com/program/character-pipeline-games-r2

I would be happy to answer any questions here in this thread :smiley: you can follow me on twitter, tumblr, and deviantart!

Starchild_1_web.jpg
Kurt_Papstein_FB_Timeline_Cover_CPGr2_web.jpg

Starchild_3_web.jpgStarchild_light_web.jpgStarchild_wires_web.jpg

Really Nice design !

Fantastic piece Kurt, really enjoy the design on a ton of levels.

Its nice to see aliens and creatures that aren’t easily recognizable as humanoid, or based off some other Earth based animals. Shows how evolution might be completely different on other planets.

Can’t wait to see more.

SO gross and so cool. I like how his flesh seems to be fusing with the material of his cloak. Really like this design.

love your works man. Didnt realize it was a game mesh till i saw the wire :slight_smile:

Looks like a highpoly = mind blown! Great work and a unique design as usual. I’m sure the course will be great.

Great design and execution. This new gen will be amazing for showing off talented artist’s work, like this creature.

Thank you everyone! I agree, the tools are getting ridiculous for realtime game assets! So I just created a new Facebook Page and it already breached 4k likes, and to thank everyone I created this sketch for fun!

“This week in science - The human body rejects experimental vaccines, and creates new life as a host”

4k_3_web.jpg4k_2.jpg4k_1_web.jpg

Awesome stuff Ikameka, I’s so nice to find you here commenting my post…I want to thank you so much for the Monster Concepting Course and the Kaiju course which I both bought one after the other because they were really outstanding material! See you soon, happy sculpting!

Andrea.Tarroni - Thank you! I’m so happy that you enjoyed them :smiley:

For anyone wondering, I have two affordable tutorials available - Kaiju Sculpting and Monster Concepting. Check the links for more info!

kaiju_maquettes_cover3_web.jpg

And now for something newer, just a sketch done for fun between jobs :v

kurt-papstein-tumblr-n95uy3hrnc1s3efjoo1-1280.jpg

I realize I’ve really neglected my thread here on ZBC… Time to get back to it! So here’s another one that was shared on my Facebook page. Hope everyone likes this stuff!

Hey Kurt, always a pleasure to browse through your work. Your style is instantly recognizable and fresh. Keep it going :+1:

Wow this is just amazing! I love the different textures and colors happening!

Thank you Scoak and Bolovorix! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Hey everyone! Wanted to share some of my latest works, since it has been so long since I’ve visited ZBC. These were done as tutorials and live sessions for my Live subscribers at Gumroad and Patreon!

kurt-papstein-contrastidor.jpgkurt-papstein-sessions-02.jpgkurt-papstein-sessions03.jpg

This dude was done for my ZBrush class “Characters and Creatures” at Laguna College of Art and Design. Final shots here are done in Marmoset, but he was built almost completely in ZBrush.

kurt-papstein-birdman-01-copy.jpgkurt-papstein-birdman-02-copy.jpgkurt-papstein-birdman-03-copy.jpgkurt-papstein-birdman-04-copy.jpgkurt-papstein-birdman-05-copy.jpg

Here’s the latest thingy, new tutorial coming to Gumroad on Friday (01/23/14) at noon. Hope you guys like it!

greyscale_concepts_web.jpg