ZBrushCentral

Human Base Mesh (Free z-tool!)

I’m still reading and I think he looks great!:+1:

Which tools did you use for the clothing folds?

Vidar,

You should commend yourself for helping the forum by providing a basemesh and willingness to support others. So don’t sell your thread short, folks are definitely still checking it out, I am :slight_smile: . So many threads and sadly not a lot of time to contribute to all of them i’m afraid but definitely check out as many as I can. I only use zbrush, may pick up the other packages sometime but as a traditional artist zbrush was one that made me want to delve into 3D. So checking out basemeshes and learning from them by “testing” them is very helpful. I’ll be doing this with yours soon and I’ll post what I do here when I get the chance to do it. Very nice character your developing so far, I really am digging it immensely!! Will be checking back on this to see where its going. Keep up the good work :+1: :+1: !!

really cool man, thx to share!

Gordon Robb, pedramz, iImagine, SalmonGod: I’m glad I could evoke a little curiosity! Thank you all! :slight_smile:

I gave this character quite some freedom when I started designing him, not really trying to think of what he might do or who he might be. I find it quite liberating not to work from a set concept some times. As he stands right now I'd say he's turning into some sort of sci-fi adventurer, his gear is turning more and more into stuff useful for climbing and accessing difficult locations. Tiger_Michel: I only used standard brush with a sharp fall-off (try using an circular alpha with a lot of smoothing, see the default alphas that ship with zbrush). The clay brush is useful for blending and smoothing out some forms with. AngelJ: Thank you very much, hope you learn something useful then! :) Sebcesoir: Thanks man, glad you like it! Here's a small update before I head to bed.

adventurer_03.jpg

WHOA…he looks so great! :slight_smile:

Now I must excercise with this brush…thanks for your tip! :+1:

With that helmet and those straps, I don’t think that rocket packs on his back would look out of place. Just an idea.

Don’t know about that crotch pack.

Vidar,

Working quickly along I see, nice keep it going! As ilmagine mentioned above, the package for his “package” seems out of place, to bulky and to low for a waist/fanny pack. Looks good with the rest of the gear though, use mesh extraction for some of that stuff?

I agree that the crotch pouch looks out of place… it’s like a storage codpiece

he also looks like he’s about to go wading with the way his pants are bunched up towards his knees, but he’s still wearing socks?

I love the detailing on his leather straps and pouches… the surface texture is touchably believable… I also like that he appears to be a large and physical guy without being bulky and muscular… it’s a very neglected body form and seems difficult to believably portray, but he carries it very well

Top notch work!
Thanks for the study aid as well! Very thoughtful.

Amazing work. Very very beautiful model. :sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

Tiger_Michel: Thanks, and good luck with that!

iImagine
: Interesting idea, I’ll see if I could make something like that fit him. :slight_smile:

The crotch-pack will go soon enough, just placed it there to try it out. I will replace the lower leg-bag as well. I’m thinking something along the lines of old style paratrooper packs for his waist-pack, will try that tonight!

AngelJ: Always, I loose interest otherwise. :wink:

Thanks for confirming that the crotch-pack (love that word, lol) has to go! I haven’t used mesh extract yet on this guy, but I have created the straps etc using the retopo-tools with a bit of skin “thickness”.

SalmonGod: Now, what’s wrong with a storage codpiece? Haven’t we all wished we had… no, who am I kidding? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wading, hmm, hadn’t actually had that in mind… it’s fun to see what sort of ideas this guy evokes!

mikala, gookle: Thanks guys!

Thank you all for your support! :smiley:

Vidar thank you for the basemesh.

Thanks for the basemesh shall give it a go

rodion vlasov, b00m: Thanks for the compliments! :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick update for tonight, added some new bags etc. The crotch-bag is hereby gone! :wink:

adventurer04.jpg

Attachments

adventurer05.jpg

Thanks Vidar … I just downloaded the files … I’ll post something with them here soon. Awesome gifts … Antonio !

Hey whats up, just wanted to say nice work man, it came out real nice. Your pretty good at zrush…keep up the good work.

…equipped :sunglasses:
Cool ZTL model :+1:

nice model Vidar, i like it.:slight_smile: :+1:

Drakelot: Cool, looking forward to seeing it! I’d recommend putting up your own thread as well, so that you can link to it and get your feedback separate. :slight_smile:

cashfire, rodion vlasov: Thanks! :smiley:

Frenchy Pilou: Indeed he is… :wink:

Tonights quick update, nothing much, just some more equip.

adventurer05.jpg

Attachments

adventurer06.jpg

This is amazing.
Well executed and tight.
~MM