ZBrushCentral

Hoggle

Have you seen the new Displacement Maps From ZBrush video? If not, maybe it will cheer you up a bit.
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php

like the face, just adjust the hair :smiley:

Nice job… it really has a nice feel.
Very foam latex, I think you did a good job.
Congrats.
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Dickie: I used Sasquatch for the hair. I really liked Shave & Haircut, wished it was still available.

Hopefully, the new displacement features in the upcoming LW version will alleviate some of the issues. It may be time to look elsewhere though…

Thanks all for the responses. I appreciate it. Ludo would be fun to do–talk about hair!

Thanks WebHead, I am looking forward to that feature in LW9.
I’ll have to struggle with 8 for now, though.:cry:

Why so many programs …

lw3d: I like to use the strengths of the individual programs. In this case, I used Silo and Modo for the mesh creation, Maya for UV mapping, and LW for morph targets , hair & rendering.

And, of course, ZBrush was used throughout for sculpting and textures.

I’ll have a little tutorial up soon that shows the steps of this process clearer.

i love it… :smiley:

yea it looks like that lybrinth dude heh…

That is the best “Hogle” I’ve ever seen!:smiley:

hey ken, i’m wondering, you did displacements in zbrush then created new topology in silo, then unwrapped in another app, how did you retain the displacements?

i didnt see mention of this on the link

man u brought old nice memeories back… yeah he definatly looks like the good old hoggle :slight_smile:

Regards

Wasa: The actual displacements were not created first, but after the new topology (and UV’s) was done. The first model in the tutorial was not used for anything other than a basis for the animation model.

ah, thanks for clearing that up for me ken
really enjoy this piece, tho i have enjoyed your work since back in the day when you were hanging out on the wings dev forum :wink:

cheers

yesterday i saw the movie, i have to say that he looks just like hoggle, Nice range of expression

cool, let us know when the tutorial is up :slight_smile:

The tutorial is up. Check page 1 of this thread for the link
Thanks for the interest!

Great tutorial. I was a little confused how you went from your newly created topology mesh to your high res one to create the displacement maps?

Thanks
Jesse

jbrophy: The newly created mesh is imported into Zbrush and the subdivision levels increased. The detail is created there, and a displacement map is generated from that. Check with the various online tutorials and docs with the steps involved.

Ah, so essentially you are sculpting the model in Zbrush twice. I see, thanks