ZBrushCentral

Hardsurface Drones! (Tutorial page 2)

thnx for this great tutorial.

the results are fantastic.

grtz p

This is fantastic work, I love it.

Wow, a lot to read through, thanks.

awesome work on the tutorial, cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your workflow and taking the time to illustrate it in such a thorough breakdown. I’m inspired to do a mech now :slight_smile:

good job on these drones! and great tutorial too!

Looking awesome mate :slight_smile:

This is awesome! And thanks for the tutorial :slight_smile:

sweetness! Thanks for the tutorial. Prepare to see your workflow stolen quite often. :slight_smile:

WOW! Very generous of you to share all of this. Awesome pieces too. :slight_smile:

You’ve put so much work into these tutorials that you should be praised!!! Top row for certain!!! Thank you for your insight and for sharing so much with all of us here!!! Amazing work!!!

TOP ROW STUFF!
Wonderful tutorial and great content for it.

I’ve been doing a lot of hardsurface work with ZBrush lately, and finding it’s great for concept stuff like this.
Feels light-years faster than any other application for this sort of thing.

relly nice work and nice tutorial :slight_smile: thanks dude :+1:

Awesome, thanks for going though so much work to help others out ;):+1:

Hey guys thanks so much! I really appreciate all the kind words, working on improving and adding to this workflow!

Thanks for the great tutorial. I have always wanted to work in zbrush for hard surface, My goal is too work just on zbrush itself with no other programs to start with for base mesh or anything, hard surface all done in zbrush uvw in another program.

Thanks man, I’m working on some more hardsurface stuff and I’m going to try and record some more techniques as I go!

Thanks for the great tutorial Tom. I became a fan of yours by watching one of your youtube videos. You were doing things with ZBRush that I just didn’t know were possible, it gave me the drive to want to revisit panel loops and hard surface in ZBrush. I’m starting to get the hang of it, and this tutorial really helps!

I do have a question though, it looks like you took a cylinder (camera lens and housing) and used the slice tool to create a complex cut out in the shape, you then have another cylinder inside of the cut shaped version and then you gave a thickness to the cut cylinder.Was this done (the thickness to the shell) by just converting to dynamesh and then using the clip curve to get the inside into the correct shape. I’m sure you know that sometimes ZBrush Clips and fills surfaces with odd sweeping geo sometimes. How do you combat against this?

Thanks again for the tutorial…love the work! :slight_smile: