ZBrushCentral

HAIR Zscript Tutorials

Playing with the Cwahl mehod :cool:
Pilou
ps Frame is not Zbrush :slight_smile:
Pss And of course all is real 3D object!
Psss 2 minutes realized conception + realisation :slight_smile:

Wow thanks cwahl, I think I asked the right question there. THis is a great find, and extremely useful technique.

A little bump for all the newbies looking for hair ideas and having search anxiety. :wink:

head.jpg Hello, I’m just trying the ZBrush demo, and am having problems getting my hair to go right.

As you can see my characters always end up looking like wankers…

Help me obi-wan your my only hope

Lots of love,

Phil

Well, Phil McCrevice, perhaps you could post the steps and images so people can see what you are/aren’t doing and give you some guidance. The process you’re trying to replicate is pretty easy and if you were using the latest ZBrush you could put a zsphere (in a chain fashion) in the hair allowing you to bend that strand at will and save as a subtool or several.

You might also check out the Eternal Zsphere Thread in my signature below for some hair ideas, just use the Thread Image feature to make it quick.

Just give everyone here more detail and we’ll do our best to get you sorted. :wink:

Hey guys! First post on ZBC. I really hope someone sees this even though the thread’s been inactive for awhile.

cwahl’s methodology for creating hair is the best I’ve found so far! I am running into a few issues updating the ZScript for the version of ZBrush I’m using, 4.0.

Right now I’m only using the “Strand Hair Method” script. It hiccuped when looking for ‘Cone3DCopy1’, and I saw that the copied cone it was looking for is now called ‘Cone3D_1’. I updated the script to look for ‘Cone3D_1’ and that worked. :smiley:

Now I’m running into another hiccup where it’s looking for ‘Texture:Txtr_2’. I don’t see a texture name under the “Texture Map” palette, so it’s probably not there. If you can lead me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks.

[attach=250360]Looking_for_Txtr_2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Looking_for_Txtr_2.jpg