ZBrushCentral

Hair in ZB4

cool, stuff I suppose also it would be a great way to place polyplanes for hair if you are doing lower res games work.

yiannis --thanks, thanks, thanks !!
and Michael — yes I think it can be used for that or to render in other apps… i guess its the same as if you used planes… but when I tried a texture with black transparent to render in zbrush the render was slower …

very helpful stuff, thanks!

this was very quick to do…

moreno.jpg

Attachments

rubio.jpg

Wow, thanks for this, very helpful! :+1:

very great hair. :+1: :+1:

thanks, santis and kisifur. Muito obrigado

Hello Dargelos!

Thank you for sharing this awesome technique with us! It will definitly come in handy!! :smiley: :+1:

I am curious though… I have downloaded your file and played around with that and I see how you rigged the clumps of hair and everything, but I am confused and a little lost on the first stage…

*How did you get a Triangle pyramid from a cylinder and how were you able to split it into segments?

I’ve been trying everything and can’t seem to get it right… Are you using the deformations palette or am I looking in the wrong place?

Again, thanks for your input and time saving technique on creating hair!! :+1:

I know, i ask a lot, but may be you could do a short video on the process how you create the hair? I am trying for quite a while, but with very limited sucess so far.
Besides, very cool idea and extemeley cool hair stuff, thanks Dargelos!
Cheers
Heiner

hello limit and heiner. The starting step is very easy. Just pick the cylinder3D from the tools and go to initialize. Hdivide to 3 . Ldivide depending of the hair you want to do. 5 or 6 for eyebrows is enough but for long hair you need more…

T :smiley: :smiley:

Wow, someone actually made polygonal hair in Zbrush. I’d always thought of that possibility. Good show!

Hi, Dargelos,
thanks for sharing your workflow, nice tutorial and I will testing it.

Very interesting. Its cool to see what people can do with hair in zbrush. Keep up the great work. The top render is the best Zbrush hair to date.