ZBrushCentral

Greeble Pack Pro for Zbrush 4R7

Patpotlood thnx,
great stuff man

Your Welcome!

megacal Glenn,
thanks for the tutorial(s) & the linked stars bundle…one of my favorite objs,
but you took it to a whole new level. :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I may have to get SubstancePainter yet! Trying it out (again) to use with Blender Cycles nodes.:wink:

Your Welcome! Linking Stars is one of my Favorites as well. Never Regretted getting Substance Painter, it takes your models to the Next level.

jbergenstrahle Just wanted to say thank you for great tutorials Glenn!

I made a cyborg based on the “greeble” technique :slight_smile:

Cool Stuff! Thanks for Sharing! Keep it up!

Here’s 5 Greeble Sample Texture Sets for you to use that were Generated from the Greeble Generator in the Pro Pack. Enjoy :wink:

GreebleSamplePack.jpg

https://gum.co/axzDF

Attachments

GreebleSamplePack.jpg

Quick way to make a Complex 3D Model for Rendering in a Game Engine. By Using Detailed Displacement Maps in Zbrush 4R7 on Low Poly Primitives to Create Complex Looking Assets, then create quick UV’s and Decimate the Model to send to Substance Painter.

Download the Greeble Sample Pack to follow along with this Tutorial

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A1iO-bBn1XQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen

Attachments

Thought I’d show of some examples of my new Texture Generator in the Works. Still early in the Progress of the Generator but the Results are already turning out very well, so I thought I’d share with you. Below is my 1st example of applying the new Displacement Maps to my Old Skull Model.

Skull BIO_Test.jpg

Go to the Link Below to Download 2 Examples from the Generator, try them on your models and let me know what you think.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27015792/BIO_Test.zip

Skull by gmp1993 on Sketchfab

Attachments

Skull BIO_Test.jpg

fantastic

a test on a wip in it’s early stages.
in fact i used maps from the generator for the “ring” shapes,
and your test maps on the leathery cap, and the head.

it’s all basic and bad uvmaps of course.
just a fast test of the maps you provided.
a generator for organic stuff will be fantastic.

rendertest_a.jpg

Attachments

rendertest_a.jpg

Patpotlood a test on a wip in it’s early stages.
in fact i used maps from the generator for the “ring” shapes,
and your test maps on the leathery cap, and the head.

it’s all basic and bad uvmaps of course.
just a fast test of the maps you provided.
a generator for organic stuff will be fantastic.

Great Stuff Patpotlood. Solid UV’s will be a must with these Textures, Guess we cant cheat like we do with Greebles and just do GUV tile and everything is okay.

Playing the other day and came up with this. A Giger like Alien Egg on a Stand, even came up with a little back story of the image. Modeled in Zbrush 4R7 with help from the Greeble Generator and Bio Generator, Textured in Substance Painter, Rendered in Keyshot 6 PRO, and finally Comp done in Photoshop. Enjoy :wink:

Giger Egg.jpg

Giger Egg by gmp1993 on Sketchfab

Attachments

Giger Egg.jpg

great.
the bio generator?
looks promising.

Cool modeling & rendering, Glenn! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Glistening & slimey …(shudder!)
Whoever is sitting there when the “pod” pops open is in
for a big surprise! =O

Thanks for the organic maps…I’m trying them out on a model of
a Krell (carapace) that I did a while back. The new Bio Generator sounds very interesting.

I need to go back to your earlier tutorials to practice the workflow steps…I lost the new details
when I tried to export the mesh.

Thanks Guys! Glad you like it.

Working on it the Past few Days to nail down a way to colorize the Texture through BPR Filters. Lots of Trail and Error I finally got it to work with minimal tilling issues on the shaded pass, actually had to zoom in to 200% in Photoshop to see the slight color shift.

So I decided to apply the Textures to the Demo Head in Zbrush, did a quick UV on him putting the seam at the back of his head, adjusted the u and v repeats and Voila, a Crazy Looking Zombie Head. Did a little touch up on the Painting using Cavity and Peaks/Valley Masks. Then Took everything to Substance Painter to throw some Smart Materials on him using the Base Color from Zbrush, did a quick export of the New Maps and sent into Keyshot 6 and applied the Translucent Advanced onto it with the Roughness applied to the Specular channel.

Let me know what you think, am I heading in the Right Direction with it.

Also Download and Try the Textures I used for this Guy and see what you think.
BIO_Color_Sample

BIO Texture Generator Test for Zbrush 4R7
by gmp1993
on Sketchfab

Attachments

Very cool greebling, materials & rendering Glenn! ;):+1:

I see him as a humanoid from the distant future, past, planet, galaxy, or dimension…
a product of evolution vs walking rotting flesh. :slight_smile:

Maybe he “hatched” out of the pod (?)

Do you use ZBrush 2.5D to generate the tiled maps?

Do you use ZBrush 2.5D to generate the tiled maps?

Actually it uses Nanomeshes and Array just like the Greeble Generator, so the amount of customization will be insane and it’ll all be Tillable. Only thing different from the Greeble Generator is incorporating the BPR Filters to add color to it.

the amount of customization will be insane and it’ll all be Tillable.
Can’t wait!!! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

re: BPR filters…will we use this dialogue box to make tweeks?

BPR filters…will we use this dialogue box to make tweeks?

Yes you will be able to use the BPR Filter Dialogue to adjust the color. I’ve got it setup based on Height, one for the ones closer to the camera and one for parts the furthest from camera. Be just a matter of changing the color to what you looking for.

experimenting ahead!!
I never used the BPR filters.

can’t wait…

Hey Glenn!

Thanks for the updated Greeble Pack Pro! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I’ll try it out asap. :wink:

megacal Hey Glenn!

Thanks for the updated Greeble Pack Pro! :):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I’ll try it out asap. :wink:

Your Welcome. Have Fun with it. New Zscripts are Faster, at least on the non BPR Rendering Parts of it, and of course you can just Render the Ones you Want now. I’ll have a Video up tomorrow about it, also show it in Action in the New Substance Painter 2. Got a Example Below.

Attachments

thnx for the update.
I’ll try it as soon as I can.
For the moment it’s a little chaos here, due to terrorist attacs.

Patpotlood,

stay safe.