ZBrushCentral

GoZ - with Photoshop Support

Just helping you out a little there. :wink:

Yeah, I still donā€™t see how Soft hasnā€™t been figured out and part of this release. However the plugin that was written around here works great as an OBJ Importer/Exporter. Use that until anything official is released.

Super Cool :sunglasses:

YEAY!!! I have CS4 extened!!!

I still wish you and Blender could work something out, but I now have an added option!! Woot!!!

EDIT:
Just tried it out now, WOW!!! This is so much better than ZApplink!!! I can use the 3D tools in photoshop for this really easy.

Iā€™ll be honest, I thought I might have wasted money on PS CS4 Extended, but this makes it worth it!

Thank you Pixologic!

Again, I wish you and Blender could work something out though. I sincerly hope that now they are on official 2.5 release (not 2.5 BETA) someone will take this on. :slight_smile: Then my life will be complete.

I havenā€™t been able to make it work with Modo 501.
I forced reinstall and it didnā€™t work, then I follow the instructions in the pdf and it didnā€™t work.
I can export from Zbrush to Modo 501 but not back from Modo 501 to Zbrush. I get an error message.
I reverted to Modo 401 and it works as always.
Am I the only one? Clues to wha I could be doing wrong? (Iā€™m on Windows 7)

Please, for all issues or problems, use this dedicated thread: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=93841

This post has been moved to that thread. I am also moving other posts that should have been put there as well.

SEXY!!! :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

This is a great new feature.

Question for those of you using Photoshop Extendedā€™s 3-D painting featureā€¦ how do you like it? Are you actually finding it useful? :question:

Add me to the list of users who are sad to see no support for XSI still. : (

Iā€™ll have to try out the photoshop thing. I was excited when I heard it, until I saw the video of it in action and remembered what Photoshopā€™s 3d mode is like (crash hungry, poor camera controls, etc). At least I know Zapplink+Texture does what I already wanted.

Gotta agree with ā€œoneigekkoā€ on this.

Are there any plans to roll this feature into zBrush so we can paint inside the core app on a texture map (Like how it works in mudbox and mari.) This way you get to utilize all of zbrushā€™s strengths and speed at handling detailed meshā€™s.

good, butā€¦ how about xsi

Thanks for adding the Photoshop Extended support.

Iā€™ll add my vote for Blender GoZ support as well.

Hey guys,

Iā€™ve just received the SDK from the nice guys from Pixologic, and started to work on the GoZ solution for Softimage. Itā€™ll take a couple of weeks to make it, I need your patience :slight_smile: Until this please use the GoSoftimageLite version I wrote earlier.

Thanks!

Good news Jester!! Well done and best of luck!!!

Re:Blender users:

Looks like someone was trying to get this working in 2.49

See ZBC france:
http://forum.zbrush.fr/index.php?topic=7266.0

Google translate:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.zbrush.fr%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D7266.0&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Blender has Python implementation and can be command line driven. So hopefully this wonā€™t be too difficult. Especially as 2.5 is now out of Beta and at stable release. :slight_smile:

With a bit of luck, this wonā€™t even need to be implemented into any Blender source code, just added as a python plugin.

BLENDER USERS

Seeing as I am a software developer Iā€™ve put in a request to Pixo for the SDK. Iā€™m going to have a crack at getting this into Blender 2.5 if no one else has already started that is.

I kind of hope someone else is already working on it, but if not, wish me luck. :smiley:

As a Softimage user, I wish you luck. :slight_smile:

Just a switch to control my world!! :smiley:

sweet updates,thanks Pixologic:+1:

modo 501! thx!!! :+1:

Will this still support 7.01, or start from 2012?

Pretty awesome updateā€¦Iā€™ve been waiting to use something like this so I donā€™t have to polypaintā€¦and it seems to add a workflow of painting multiple textures.

Now, for some reason, when I use GoZ, it doesnā€™t consolidate the visible subtools into a single multi layered 3d scene inside of photoshopā€¦ I am guessing this a optimisationā€¦

Also is there a way to GoZ export a SubD lvl 2 to photoshop with Polygroups?