ZBrushCentral

GoSoftimageLite - until GoZ for Softimage is done

Hello Steve yesterday I tried installing your plugin but I could not :cry:… I’m Italian and I did not understand all the steps to perfection … you could make a short video of the steps needed for installation? would be veeeery useful … thanks a lot (and sorry for bad english):smiley:

Is there any workaround not to loose the polygroups when export improt ? :frowning:

The oldest plugin didn’t use the polygroups, but the newer use them. When you export your model from ZBrush, you can’t recall them in XSI? Strange, I use it everyday withoout that issue. I’ll check.

No, when i export to XSI then move some vertex around (because in ZB is insane to do it), and when i send it back to ZB it has no polygroups :frowning:

Thank you!!! I will try this plugin as soon as I go home.
I have yet to learn how to install the plugins in to Zbrush 4.

EDIT: actually I am having hard time understand the file management when it comes to zplugin install. There were many instructions related to that but last time I tried installing zbrush plugin (UV Master and Paintstop) with Zbrush 4, it didnt work. Some say that I have to restart my computer, for others it worked fine.

I am using Win 7 pro 64 any help would be highly appreciated.

Jester, thanks for your plugin! It really rocks!
About polygroups. I found out that to make them imported correctly in Zbrush you have to check if the Preferences -> ImportExport -> Import Mat As Group option is ON! It was a real headache for me -I had to redefine polygroups after each tweaking in softimage! Now the problem has gone - thanks Jester for pointing out that polygroups actually can be preserved!

thanks for the tips !

Very starnge Nightwalker, if you perform as it is instructed it should work fine.

Thanks guys, I hope I can update the stuff soon, but not sure…

Thanks soo much for this effort.
I bought my license for Softimage a while ago.
It has many good tools.

Keep up the nice work.

Also I would like to know where you get your information for programming for Softimage.

You’ re the best!!! thank you!!!

i have menus in zbrush and xsi. but if i export from zbrush and import in xsi…i get the message: GO Soft Lite file doesnt exist!

:frowning:

1. Open the folder GoSoftLiteData/zcs/ and paste folder GoSoftLite.zsc in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs.

should i copy the zcs FOLDER or only zcs FILE?

anyway, i tried both and it doesnt work :evil:

please help:

[attach=250549]goserror.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

goserror.jpg

Tomorrow I’ll upload a working version. Meanwhile I’m working on the true GoZ solution

Thanks Jester… you rock, hard :smiley:

great great great work !,

Great work Jester!
when can we expect the full GOZ for Softimage ?:wink:

Good luck ,you are really helping us.
respect.

ZB 4R2 released but GOZfor XSI still didnt implemented.Hopefully for ZB5.Anyone can confirm this pls ???

:confused:

info about autodesk works on hit

it’s possible to keep the crease mesh ? from softimage for goZ

Hi Jester,hope you are doing well,are you still working on Goz for softimage?
:slight_smile:

doesnt work for me either :S You can export and Import from Softimage 2011 SP1 to Zbrush 4R2. So no Problems with Zbrush. But exporting from Softimage 2012, 2012 SAP and 2013 to Zbrush 4R2 doesn’t work.