ZBrushCentral

GoSoftimageLite - until GoZ for Softimage is done

Do you have multiple copies of Zbrush installed? (ie: are you doing what I did and have put it into version 3’s directory, and not 3.5? :))
Thanks Reactor for the reply. I currently have Zbrush 3.5 R3 at the moment. So is this plug-in only for Zbrush 3.1 and not Zbrush 3.5 R3?

Sorry, no… it’s for 3.5r3. My mistake was accidentally putting the plugin in 3’s directory. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. It should do.

Sorry, no… it’s for 3.5r3. My mistake was accidentally putting the plugin in 3’s directory. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work for you. It should do.
Could it be because I installed GoMax on Zbrush 3.5 R3 and it could be conflicting with that? Maybe I should try to uninstall GoMax and maybe GoSoftimageLite will work.

Okay I finally figured it out. It had something to do with my custom UI which for some reason did not allow the GoSoftimageLite zscript to work. The GoSoftimageLite zscript was already put the Zstartup/Zplugs folder or else it would not work. I had to restore to the default UI and save that as the startup UI. When I opened Zbrush 3.5 R3 up again with the default UI GoSoftimageLite appeared and then I loaded my custom UI with the GoSoftimageLite menu and save that as my startup UI. Everything works now.

Thanks Reactor for helping me out. Now I can start modeling without having to pause and “save as” everytime I have to either export or import objs. Whoooooohoooooooo!!!

The “plugin” is just two buttons, there’s no mystery there…So it should work with ANY ZBrush. The buttons appear at the bottom of the tool palette, if you copied it to the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. Do not copy the ZSC folder from the zip, just the ZSC file itself!

Tried, but no luck on my end. I get the error when I try to export a simple object from Zbrush:

INTERNAL ERROR.\AFile.cpp Line 728
Unable to open/Create a File:\GoSoftLite.OBJ

Please email us at support@pixologic.com… etc…

I’m not expecting “customer support” on this. I just wanted to test it for you and give you some feedback. Thanks for your work

Softimage 2011 sp1, Windows 7 64 bit, 8 gig RAM.

Is it a Polymesh? Maybe procedural stuffs are not supported…I have never met this error this before…

Run app as admin, right click the app icon run as administrator.

Well done, my friend. You haven’t cracked moving across textures yet (I don’t think…I can’t get it to work) but the moving back and forth of the models–even with polygons deleted–works fine.
(Both Zbrush and Softimage must be RUN AS ADMIN in Windows 7.)

Just a little tip I learned while doing GoMax. If you want to avoid any “admin” problems, save your objs somewhere in the User folder :wink:

I’m considering adding the user folder as default folder, that would solve lot of issues, but I’m rookie in ZBrush scripting
At this moment, if you have a texture in ZB (enabled on the tool palette!) it will export and import (at least both home and work it worked)

Thanks guys, it makes me happy to see I made something useful :slight_smile:

just tested it and works fine!

obviously under Vista/Seven you must disable UAC or run both apps as admin, or no save will be possible.

if you need help or testing just ask, i wanted to ask for GOZ sdk to pixo but you’ve been faster than me and did this.

my compliments :wink:

just an advice , why don’t you use a %TEMP% path ?

You are the man!
I’m in W7 64bit and it work very well and it save me very much time.
A big Thank you from me

hi thanks lot !! for this time i just litte try but it’s look works
if i understand i must click on zbtool palette exp and on click on xsi
i real time i never rate Thread but here i give you 5 star !
you must be one genius for make somethinks like that’s !

INTERNAL ERROR.\AFile.cpp Line 728
Unable to open/Create a File:
D:\program files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs\GoSoftLiteData
\GoSoftLite.OBJ

Please email us at support@pixologic.com… etc…

But, I followed the exact PATH.
I am using Winxpx64 SP2
Install Path:
D:\program files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs\GoSoftLiteData

Full Rights! And still error.

I MANUALLY CREATED the directory: “GoSoftLiteData” which wasn’t there.
Tried again, and WORKS!!

Remove the directory and the problem comes back.

Add again, and works GREAT!!

So for anyone getting this error, try that. Hope it helps!

Cheers.

Actually if you copied the full content of the ZSC folder, there IS the directory (although it’s empty). It’s very common mistake that the GoSoftLiteData folder is not copied. Actually I haven’t posted the new version yet, just on the mialing list to let users test. But tomorrow I’ll post it here as well

Update

If you install this addon, please take care that the full content of the ZSC folder must be copied EXATLY under Zbrush\ZSTartup\Zplugs folder!!! The Subdirectory also!!!

New feature is that it uses the ZPlugs\GoSoftLitedata folder as temporary data storage, so far it seems that it’s accessible to all users.

Feature requests etc. are welcome!

something wrong here,

uninstalled old .xsiaddon, restarted xsi, installed new addon, but in ZSC folder i’ve found only the GoSoftLite.zsc and nothing more.

the old .xsiaddon worked, this one gives this error:
“’ ERROR : Can’t create output file”

any tips?

Same here. I wonder how exactly you programmed this to know where our ZPlug folders are? My guess is that you didn’t and that we have different install locations and therefore it doesn’t work.

I have a suggestion for you which may easily fix all these problems (if it is possible):

Make it an option where we want the .obj files to go. Either within XSI and ZBrush or maybe simply by placing a text file with the .zsc file which we can edit and which is then read by the plugins.

Other than that, very nice plugin, the first version works like a charm (I’d really like to save the obj somewhere else than c:, though, since I’m using an SSD, meaning I don’t have much space left and I don’t want to write on it any more than necessary).

did you followed that:

please take care that the full content of the ZSC folder must be copied EXATLY under Zbrush\ZSTartup\Zplugs folder!!! The Subdirectory also!!!

the addon has the folder you should check it