ZBrushCentral

Goblin King

fantastic work, dude.
both modeling and texturing is ace.
if i should have any crits/suggestion. it would have been to make the hands more menacing and evil. like make the a tad bigger, more visible knuckles or longer nails (some broken).
and maybe the nibbles are placed to high.

-r

@Katonc: thanks a lot for all the support you gave me during this project!
@Rasmus: thanks buddy, you’re right about the nipples, maybe they are a hair higher than they should be, I will try to lower it and see the result! The hands suffer a bit I know, I will try to work on them more, there is always room for improvements! thanks :wink:
Here a test with another skydome and added a bit of love to the pedestal

[attach=251129]pose07.jpg[/attach]

Thanks!

gk_zbc_t04.jpg

Attachments

pose07.jpg

WOWW!
This should be Top Row like now. Awesome model and incredible execution. I totally loveeeeee his face detail, Expression, right down to the color palette you gave him. The details feels like it flows well all around. Great work!

Cheers,

Fabian

WOW beautifull work,details make it live :+1: :+1: :+1:

great work, personally i would add more saturation but anyway I like it very much

Great work! Top Row for sure…

Very strong modeling indeed. The face has a ton of character, the detailing carries a lot of story and your foundations are solid. However I feel that the texturing is kinda weak. My main gripe is that the wear and tear is very even all across the board and doesn’t seem to have the same amount of thought put into it as the scars and sores in the sculpt. In a lot of areas it feels like you’ve just taken the UV’s into photoshop and overlaid a grungry texture tile without considering what areas would get more scratched and exposed to dirt. The belt is a good example of this. Also the gorget looks rather weak both modeling and texture wise so when it’s put right next to the excellent face it really pulls it down. I know you have the skills and comprehension of detailing by looking at your sculpting so I know you can carry this over to your texture work. I realize it might have been a time issue, I’ve been in that situation far too often myself, but if you go back and touch up on your textures this piece will go from good to excellent! :slight_smile:
Sorry if I sound harsh, I realize that when I critique I can be really blunt. :o

Thanks for the feedbakc guys, really appreciate all the comments!
@Fingus: I can understand what you mean, but if you take a look at the flat textures on my website you can see that every scratch and variations has been painted for a reason for example if you look at the belt you can see the scratches just where they are supposed to be, i.e. where the leather is worn… maybe the rendering doesn’t reveal all the subtle details…
Also take in mind that this is a low poly char, to fit everything I had to sacrifice a bit of resolution here and there…
Something that could be related to what you’re pointing out is how well the textures could be read from different distances: during this project I realized that sometimes you have to be a bit extreme to make something readable from far away, this is something I will work on more in my future characters.
Anyway thanks for your feedback, in future I will work more on this :wink:

Fede