ZBrushCentral

Gnomon 10 week zbrush course

There is a good reference for anatomy, it’s a figure sculpture showing all the muscles. It is available at www.freedomofteach.com This was mentioned to me in class, I had never heard of it before but I guess it has been around for awhile. It looks like a really good thing to have and I will probably get one.

As a proud owner of one of their anatomical figures, I cannot recommend it enough. It’s fantastically well-detailed, large enough to represent all the forms, and the removable arms and head are a great help when modeling those tricky areas. I wish that it could be removed from its stand and the legs could be taken off, but I suppose you can’t have everything.

I already own a real human skeleton that I bought in 1981 from Candent in Toronto while India still exported them. But I really want one of those resin ones from Freedomof teach…that $199 Version 1 model looks great. I’m tempted…

A Wacom Pad or a $199 resin model? Which should I get?

Honestly , first the wacom, but atleast an intuos3 which might not be possible with $199. I remember mine being almost double I think.

Also save up some money again after that , then buy the resin :slight_smile:

And now ontopic : It’s really nice to see so much progress after each course you’ve been doing. Keep at it !

So I just finished poly painting this model in zbrush. In class we learned a couple of different ways to color models but I didn’t get a chance to do much on my own till now. I have to say that I am impressed with zbrush’s painting capabilities. For me I only got into zbrush just for modeling not coloring, but I really enjoyed painting this one. I still have to take it into maya for the final render but I think I will do that later, I have some other models I want to work on.

One more thing, can someone post a link for a good tutorial on simulating cloth fiber texturing in zbrush. I was planning on applying a burlap texture to the robe in maya and adding wisps of loose hairs for the goatee in photoshop. But I would like to see how far I could finish this model in zbrush without having to take it to maya. Thanks. rambo.jpg