ZBrushCentral

Gerard Dunleavy - Masters Thread

Interesting thread :+1:
btw, Julian_K, it wasnā€™t too boring :slight_smile:

Bas Mazur - Thanks very much!

I might be wrong, but it seems the eyes are missing the extra bulge on top/around the iris. got a side or 45 view?

Thumb_Face_2.jpg

Here is some progress on the eye area, Iā€™m still pushing the proportions around and trying to work out some bits.
All comments and critiques are welcome.

All the best

• Gerard

Attachments

Face_comp_web_1.jpg

Man_WIP_1_web_thumb.jpg

This head started out as a quick sketch from a sphere that I kept working on, far longer than I had intended, I will work on it a little bit more as its looking quite strange to my eye but Its hard to pinpoint everything thatā€™s wrong with it.

I have recorded the entire process and will upload a video if anyone is interested?

All comments and critiques welcome

• Gerard

Attachments

Man_WIP_1_web.jpg

Man_web_thumb.jpg

A little bit more work on the previous sculpt, all created in Zbrush with some tweaks in Potatoshop.

I can upload a time lapse if anyone is interested?

All critiques and comments welcome

Attachments

Man_1_web.jpg

Good stuff so far

with the head above: I donā€™t exactly know what style you were going for, but if you were trying to do a realistic head your proportions are slightly off. I posted a something that you could perhaps push towards, but if it was simply a stylized head then disregard this.

Attachments

Man_WIP_1_web2.jpg

Man_WIP_1_web.jpg

Man_web_thumb_3.jpg

I will continue to work on it tomorrow as its still not quite there yet.

All critiques and comments are welcome

-Gerard

Attachments

Head_Study_WIP_1.jpg

I guess is Matt Damon. Am I right?

robertofernandezxy - Haha, your are right! its good to know that Iā€™m on the right track.

-Gerard

Man_web_thumb_4.jpg

I have been working a bit more on this study, I must admit Iā€™m finding it very difficult to get the likeness right, all the reference photos are from different cameras and change the proportions slightly, but I will push on and try to get it as close as possible.

All comments and critiques are welcome

-Gerard

Attachments

Head_Study_WIP_2.jpg

It is very difucult on the beggining, but keep going man, itā€™s getting better.
I would flatten more, the temporal part of his cranium. and work the eyes a little more maybeā€¦

Hope you donā€™t mind me posting but I hope this helps you.
Definitely not him still but closer and yeah the depth of the neck and brow need to really be softened.

[test.jpg]

try watchinā€™ this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zYkiEOrnKs

Thereā€™s some likeness but I know that it is going to be hard to get the likeness right because Matt just has so ā€œgenericā€ face. Those Shwarzeneggers and Stallones are much more easier that way because they have so much more ā€œpersonalityā€ in their face features, so you only need to get it almost right and everybody instantly knows who the model is supposed to be.

I really canā€™t say anything else than that you chose a very difficult subject :slight_smile:

nice characters mate!
I really like them *****

Topology_Preview_thumb.jpg

Attachments

Topology_Preview_web.jpg

looks nice .

very good topology!

gfxdev - Thanks very much!

rodsanchez - Cheers man, I appreciate it!

All the best

• Gerard