ZBrushCentral

fun with zbrush

mm_icon_zbc.jpg
well, more clearly i should state, she started as a portrait of marilyn monroe, but at some stage i liked the spirit of the sculpt i had so far, and abandoned trying harder for likeness… i hope you enjoy…

mm_04.jpg

fond memories to rare hours in front of tv in childhood :slight_smile:

hardy could count as a speedsculpt, took less than 2 hours altogether, laurel was much longer, don’t know why he was so difficult… anyway, i hope those of you, who remember these two funny gentlemen, enjoy …

dud_laurel_hardy.jpg

jerome_icon_zbc.jpg
a 2 hours speedsculpt, where my focus was expression, and that the sculpt tells a story … hope it reads well…

jerome_02.jpg

These are great, the sculpting attempts I always enjoy to see around.
Get involved with a sculptris>retopology>zb workflow! As fast as you can LOL.

thanks michalis… hey, i think the new z4r2 will have some very good parts from sculptris, i am waiting for that :slight_smile: … meanwhile, i still need learn zbrush, too many good things in there i still never had touched…

burne_hogarth_study_icon_zb.jpg

this piece was a study of anatomy following the drawing books of burne hogarth. and, as the study took so long time to get me just where i wanted to go with it, i decided to create in the end a classical type sculpture of it. tried out the hair sculpting method michalis described and also used the rendering method for marble michalis has posted in his wonderful thread,… both worked fine, my marble though is still not as good as real, but i am getting better (?) :slight_smile:

burne_hogarth_study_05.jpg

Nice one. Marble painting is fine, what you need is some SSS effect under BPR. Or at least, just export it and render in a decent GlobalIllumination renderer.

hi michalis, thanks a lot for looking and suggesting how to improve, i appreciate very much … i tried the way, and here is result. (making nice renders is much harder than modeling …)

burne_hogarth_study_07.jpg

admiral_icon_zbc.jpg

a speedy sculpt (about 2 hours) from a polysphere. just for fun, goal was catching an expression…

admiral.jpg

remember_zbc_icon.jpg

today i present a woodcarving i just finished, which i made as a memorial piece for september 11.

this wood carving, carved from linden, is carved as a high relief with the help of zbrush. and as it is a somewhat unusual use of zbrush, though i have done it several times, i thought you might like to see it… i first made a model in zbrush

fear.jpg

Attachments

remember_1.jpg

remember_2.jpg

thoughts_icon_zbc.jpg

another try with a marble look bust … besides the rendering of something that has a marble feel, my main goal for this piece was to depict a peacefull moment lost in thoughts… i had a reference for this one, so it is a portrait, actually…

thoughts_04.jpg

Very nice last one. SSS can be improved, you need it on the front face too. You gonna need a quad shader and playing with the mixing modes.

thanks michalis :slight_smile: … yes, i need learn more about materials, , good i experiment with quqdshader for next marble project. thanks for showing me the direction :slight_smile:

passiflora_zbc_icon.jpg

a try at digital botany created with zbrush…

passiflora_crop.jpg

Enjoying that botany study, and all of your works actually…No crits from me,…just enjoying…:slight_smile: Also like your use of ZBRUSH in that real life wood carving for 911…Great job.:+1:

thank you spiritdreamer… yes i enjoyed that step into digital botany, might try another too. …thanks also for the nice word about my wood carving.

love the expression on the wood carving! Nice job.

hi renots, thanks for feedback, very appreciated !

stuart_icon_zbc.jpg

here is again a portrait, rendered as marble bust. i am obssesed from the idea of recreating marble in zbrush :slight_smile: … this one is bpr rendered in passes with different materials, as basic and several with fresneloverlay with different settings for sss effect…, and composed in photoshop as i still not understand the quadshader,

stuart_06.jpg

Compositing multiple passes in Ps is the best way. Not sss layers only, rim lights as well. As screen layers in most cases.
Does this help?
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showpost.php?p=762482&postcount=163
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showpost.php?p=762293&postcount=160

But what is really missing from BPR is globalIllumination. Or hdr lighting (a fake GI thing) which we’ll have soon (Zb4#2).

Very nice last bust :+1:

thanks michalis for the links…yes i actually used these already to learn how to do composing, as your renders inspired me so much to try too. and yes, i had rendered rim lights also in extra pass. i like that composing gives lots of control… i am looking forward to new z4 :slight_smile: